Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 03:49 PM

Default OT: 5/10 at Foxwoods

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, my regular games are the 5-10 and 10-20 games at Foxwoods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Off topic, Nate, could you clear up what the kill rules are for $5/10 at Foxwoods? In the PokerWiki article at http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/Foxwoods I put what I understood them to be, based on a couple of convos with floorpeople. But I've not actually played $5/10, and someone was adamant that I had them wrong.

Feel free to edit directly on the wiki if you like, or can you just tell me what the kill rules are?
Old 06-14-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: The real question for Foxwoods low-limit patrons

[ QUOTE ]
... [W]hen a guy sits down at 4/8 with two stacks of red I want to kick him in the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understandable, as I know the feeling. But that's different because $5 reds in the $4/8 requires change each hand, whereas $1 whites in the $2/4 or $4/8 still lets you bet in exact change. I've done it a few times while waiting to play stud, and I've tried to be reasonably prompt in putting out my fours and eights.

If I were digging chips out of a rack in wrong increments, I'd richly deserve that kick to the nuts! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Re: OT: 5/10 at Foxwoods

[ QUOTE ]
Off topic, Nate, could you clear up what the kill rules are for $5/10 at Foxwoods?

[/ QUOTE ]
I played that game often about five years ago and the rule for a kill was a pot over $100. It has nothing to do with how many hands in a row someone has won. It could have changed since then though.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:45 PM

Nope. That's how it still works.

If you're the sole recipient of a pot over $100, then the next hand is a kill (and you post).

No kill if the pot is split for any reason (either a tie hand in HE or a split pot in hi/low).
Old 06-14-2005, 11:31 PM

It's actually slightly more complicated than explained below. There's a kill if there's a pot over $100 and there is one winner, or if the main pot and side pot both exceed $100 (even if different people win them.) There is no kill if the pot is less than $100, if the pot is chopped due to a tie (even if both players win over $100,) or if there are multiple winners and either winner takes less than $100.

Or if the dealer forgets to put out the kill button or miscounts the pot. Be sure to count it yourself; it prevents errors that often cost you money (and has the side benefit of making your odds calculations more precise during the play of the hand.)

--Nate
Old 06-14-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: single Chip strutcure limit games. I concede the previous debate.

Much depends on the time of day/week. Where I am, the 10-20 is often as soft as the 5-10 kill game. (There is no 5-10 unkilled game.) However, especially during weekdays, the 5-10 kill is often noticably softer (both looser and less aggressive.) On the other hand, I've also been around when the 10-20 was somewhat easier than the 5-10 kill.

Since 5-10 is played with a kill at Foxwoods, a better comparison might be to the 4-8 game, which is played without a kill. Unfortunately I have little personal experience with the 4-8. I know it's soft in general. I'd imagine similar comments apply: during non-peak times the smaller game is softer, but often the 10-20 is well within the range of Low Limit Fishy Games, and nearly indistinguishable play-wise, except that you're more likely to find an extra shark or two at 10-20.

Hope this helps; I have logged lots of hours at these games... please feel free to PM or reply with any other questions.

--Nate
Old 06-15-2005, 10:00 AM

I bought a box of cuban cigars.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:06 AM

I'm going to try to get a pink chip game going at Belterra Friday.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:18 AM

Life is good when it takes a full orbit to stack the chips from one pot.