Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #2 Pre-Flop

raise 275-300 get all in vs a Reraise *yawn*
Old 10-11-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing that should be noted throughout is the fact that people likely play differently against Gigabet than they do against JoeParty123. While I'm sure that Gigabet, from what I know, plays tighter than your average bear at this stage in the tournament when OOP, I think that his reputation might make people believe that he is insanely-super aggro at all times. Therefore, we should keep that in mind when thinking about the analysis.
*Giga, feel free to chime in on this assumption

[/ QUOTE ]

That's even assuming that anyone at the table knows this particular Gigabet screenname to begin with.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
if you raise and get re-raised, what's your plan (which obviously could depend on which player re-raises you)?

standard line against your average player is to call, but this is where the fun will begin.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I re-raised I'm not calling. I will have 1/2 my stack in the pot by then, and check-folding the 2/3 of the time I miss is gross.

If I raise PF and am re-raised, I 3bet all in.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 10-11-2005, 05:27 PM

I've seen several people mention limping to disguise the strength of their hand.

I really don't understand this.

Your entering the pot from UTG. What range do you expect people to put you on? If your playing a bunch of hands from UTG with only 20-30BB it's not really going to matter how you play AK.

AK is on the weak end of your UTG holdings(or should be) so disguising it as weak really doesn't make sense to me.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:32 PM

When you see an utg unknown limp you automatically see AA or KK?

hmmm...
Old 10-11-2005, 05:48 PM

I would go with my standard 275 open. I would call most standard re-raises from MP+2, the Button, SB or BB. If I'm popped by the MP, MP+1 or CO I'm pushing.

Once I have reached this point where the blinds "matter" I very rarely limp in early position. I might raise with crap or a good hand, but I am almost always raising.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:50 PM

I will definitely raise here, the only exception is if there has been a player who has been raising way too often and can be trapped. If he raises, then I go over the top all-in. There is no info on players here though, so given the info, I raise 3xBB.

If I am reraised once, I will call up to all in, with the exception being if I have a read on a player who is extremely tight, but once again, we don't have that information.

If there are two re raises by the time it gets back to me, then I fold. Someone probably has AA or KK and I am a big dog. (Incidentally, a similar situation happened to me this week, I had AK in the BB and an UTG raise was re raised twice and I folded my AK and there were AA and KK in the showdown.)

All said, given the info, I raise 3xBB or to 300.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:56 PM

I'm sorry, but I'd love to call the isolation push if you limped in. You probably have the isolation push beat and you'll have decent odds to triple.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you see an utg unknown limp you automatically see AA or KK?

hmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I've increased the likely hood of AA/KK being in your range and greatly reduced the odds of TT-QQ. I will see a bunch of flops when I can put a OOP villian on a narrow range.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
if you raise and get re-raised, what's your plan (which obviously could depend on which player re-raises you)?

standard line against your average player is to call, but this is where the fun will begin.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I re-raised I'm not calling. I will have 1/2 my stack in the pot by then, and check-folding the 2/3 of the time I miss is gross.

If I raise PF and am re-raised, I 3bet all in.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i agree. i was thinking along the lines of having deeper stacks for some reason.