Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Peachy-tilt.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i just dont regret things

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, which is why for you to say you have no "regrets" would be accurate (though still probably not true if you were really being honest about your inner-most feelings and not trying to rile people up on the internet)...but saying you've never made a "mistake" is still as inane as ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

look in my mind...a mistake and a regret go hand in hand...if u dont believe this then fine its not my problem...but ive explained it. To me if u get something right at some point u didnt make mistakes (by OTHER peoples definitions)...they were just steps to get u there - the same way i look at life

ive already had this arugement somewhere else...im not gonna have it here as well. I live my life and think of my life in a way that makes me very happy - nothing will change that
Old 09-14-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
look in my mind...a mistake and a regret go hand in hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

stop right there. you can't take existing words and just make up your own personal definitions. the word "mistake" has widely-accepted definitions attached to it ... your personal interpretation is irrelevant.

e.g. you take/took tests in school, right? did you get a perfect score on every exam? no. why not? because you made mistakes - you got answers wrong. you may or may not have regretted those incorrect answers but regardless, those were mistakes.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, which is why for you to say you have no "regrets" would be accurate (though still probably not true if you were really being honest about your inner-most feelings and not trying to rile people up on the internet)...but saying you've never made a "mistake" is still as inane as ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

look in my mind...a mistake and a regret go hand in hand...if u dont believe this then fine its not my problem...but ive explained it. To me if u get something right at some point u didnt make mistakes...they were just steps to get u there - the same way i look at life

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure looking in your mind would be horrifying...and I noticed you didn't respond to my more substantive post. You thinking that "mistake" and "regret" mean the same thing is in and of itself a "mistake" on your part...in your very proclamation that you've never made a mistake - you're making one. It's almost Oedipal of you.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:19 AM

Like - don't you ever admit to weakness in some fashion that isn't a joke? Ever?

I can't see how anyone could be both "focused" and blithely immune to self-criticism.

This might be a good time to introduce one of my most cherished ideas about the nature of man, adapted from Mr. Bill James, the noted baseball writer. I call it the Law of Temperamental Balance - Every Strength Is Also A Weakness.
For example: I have a friend who is congentially incapabable of showing weakness or backing down from an argument, regardless of circumstances. He thinks it makes him strong, and in his own arena he's a practically unbeatable opponent, but it makes him a social, emotional, and spiritual cripple.
His strength makes him weak.

People may think of me as a downer, but I'm certainly never kidding myself. I'm not interested in "making myself happy" as a concept. I'm interested in defining and stating The Truth, as accurately and revealingly as possible. The fact that the overwhelming majority of humankind sees things differently than I do in this regard is both fascinating and baffling to me, but, then, I suppose everyone feels that way in one way or another.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You're not only furthering my point, but now you're adding straight out lying to the mix.

The lies should at least be reasonably believable ones, not just a pure venting of ego. Your never regretting anything is as dishonest and transparent as your saying you never make mistakes. One doesn't make up for or explain the other.

Lying to yourself is a way to cope, but lying to others is a way to show contempt. Granted, it's only an internet forum, so I guess it could be argued that we all don't really exist. Maybe it's all just a movie anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

im sorry if my way of handling life is too far above your mental grasp to function at...but that doesnt mean i am lying to myself...ask anyone that knows me and they will tell u i am 100% that way

i dont regret a thing

[/ QUOTE ]

You never cease to bury yourself deeper.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

look in my mind...a mistake and a regret go hand in hand...if u dont believe this then fine its not my problem...but ive explained it. To me if u get something right at some point u didnt make mistakes (by OTHER peoples definitions)...they were just steps to get u there - the same way i look at life

ive already had this arugement somewhere else...im not gonna have it here as well. I live my life and think of my life in a way that makes me very happy - nothing will change that

[/ QUOTE ]

The ends justifies the means, eh?

Lots of skeletons in that closet. Sounds like more to come.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:38 AM

It's pretty common to feel this way whether one deserves to or not.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:04 AM

I thought peachy was an annoying, stupid, spoiled brat, but I didn't hate her. That was before I saw her white tiger post. Now I hope she dies.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:13 AM

I didn't see her white tiger post. I've tried to like her despite her constant posing, dissembling, and bottomless ego, but she makes it challenging.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:19 AM

In gonore's unique pet post.

[ QUOTE ]
i always wanted a white tiger...and will get one as soon as i get a house...but its super expensive just to get the permit let alone my beautiful tiger!! so i doubt u want one [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] here