Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 09:10 AM

Default Re: A New Quiz!

[ QUOTE ]
Say I've raised 8 of the last 10 hands. I'm much less likely to raise KTo in #6 then, because I'm much more likely to get played back at. Even unobservant opponents notice things.

[/ QUOTE ]

That exact thing happened to me last night, I caught AK KK AQ KJs TT or something in my first orbit at a table.. They gave me with first couple without showdown, but they definately wanted to start seeing what I had after a few hands, to 'keep the maniac under control'. Nothing is sweeter than catching aces or kings at the end of one of these runs, since everyone 'has to see'

That street really only runs one way though, doing a lot of folding attracts a lot less notice than a lot of hard aggression, so folding for 3 solid O's doesn't mean you can raise KJo early or something..
Old 04-27-2005, 09:14 AM

Fold
Raise
Call
...Fold but really close, would call sometimes
Fold
Raise
Fold
50/50 Raise/Call
Old 04-27-2005, 09:18 AM

I never do these, but I'll take shot, as I'm avoiding starting a take-home exam.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 1

MP3 - Unknown
CO - Too tight, aggressive
Button - LA-P
Blinds - Unknown, seem loose-passive

Folded to you in MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
With at least one loosey behind me, and loose blinds, fold. Just not good enough.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2

2 LAGs and some fish and a solid playe round out the action behind you

Folded to you in MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
Easy raise.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 3

58/6.5 limps UTG, as do a LP fish, a LAG, and a semi-loose calling station

You have Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]
Call. I think raising is better than folding, but calling is best.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 4

Same LAG, and calling station from previous hand limp to you in the CO. The blinds are a tight player, and a moran.

You have J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Call.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 5

Decent player and 69/3 Fish limp in EP, the same blinds are behind you as in hand 4.

You're in the CO again with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] this time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I fold this.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 6

Super Loose EP, is joined by his LP twin. Button has been bullying you a little, and the SB and BB are a little loose and a good player respectively.

CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I raise this pretty consistently. I'd like to knock out the button and the blinds here

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 7

A 36/9 with seemingly no deep understanding of position open-raises in MP1. Cold-called by a horribly loose player in the SB.

You have 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB

[/ QUOTE ]
fold. 5:1 isn't good enough to play crap.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 8

UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] This is more of a breakdown than a play. How often do you raise, how often do you call. Don't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I used to limp just about 100% of the time. Now I'm about 60/40 raising and limping.