Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Preliminary thread for the Super-Magoo Jambouree June 18th at MGM

yes. it's me.

al
Old 05-17-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Stopped by MGM last night and ran it past them...

Talked to MGM last night. Well, a floorman on swing shift that is. Of course when he saw it was me, he basically said "no problem!" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

OK you bunch of friggin' slackers, here's the deal...

Nametags - Just friggin' wear them already. I don't want to have to struggle all night remembering who people are. If you are wearing a nametag, I'll remember who you are. If you don't, not only might you suffer the humiliation of the great Capone forgetting your name, you might also not get your seat. I will probably instruct the floor not to seat anyone without a tag anyway, as this is a pre-registration type deal. Not entirely true, but hopefully you "I'm too friggin' important to wear a nametag" type people are getting my drift here. Nametags make it easier for ME, so YOU'LL DO IT AND YOU'LL LIKE IT! Nametags only need have your 2+2 name unless you wish otherwise. However, you'll be called by that name of course all night! Perhaps someone can help me out with the brown trout nametags?

Triple draw / draw games - OK, the floor basically said triple draw might be tough because FEW of their dealers have even the slightest clue how to deal it. I might be able to convince them to allow some help on this, but let's face it, most of you who might be playing it probably don't deal it either, so you won't be much help. Anyone who does know how to CORRECTLY deal it might be a help to me here. However, at the moment I do not work for MGM, so I ain't standing over being a friggin' floorman supervising the triple draw game during the jambouree. We will just have to "see what happens" on this one. Personally, I would like to play it too, so I will see what I can do. I will see if anyone there can do any of the other draw games, draw high, jacks-back, california lowball or KC lowball. The final word may wind up being "no dice," and if so, no one can say I didn't try.

Mixed games - no problem here. HORSE, or as I prefer to call it, HOSER, won't be a problem at all. We could jazz it up a bit and make it hold'em, Omaha-8, Omaha-high only, Razz, Stud and Stud-8. I will talk more with them and see if maybe we can add in draw games.

Tipping - we will of course tip the CHIT out of everyone at the MGM. That means give the chip runner a buck when they bring you chips. We have a buddy of ours set up to do this, he's a player and ultimately one of us, so hook him up when he brings the chips. Give the dealers good tips. If you win a monster, toss an extra buck or two. It would be nice if we either took up a collection for the floor, or if people would just toss the floorpeople a few here and there. We're asking them to do this on swing shift on a SATURDAY NIGHT, so TAKE CARE OF THEM. Make the MGM see that 2+2ers are desirable players and make them want your future business. Anybody who's a stiffer all night will be dealt with harshly by me, as I'll call you out on it both in the cardroom and on 2+2. Everyone else please do the same. There will be no "should I tip the dealers at MGM?" thread here, you WILL tip them!!!! If tipping is going to harm your bankroll that much, just don't play already, you friggin' stiff.

Dealer abuse - abuse the dealers and I'll kick you in the nuts!

Player abuse - this is different. We should be able to talk more smak than normal at the tables, as long as we don't get carried away, offend any ladies present, or offend players at other tables. But as I said before, Ed Miller is a FRIGGIN' JERK because his jack high flush beat my ten high flush! Revenge is allowed!

2-4 / 3-6 / 4-8 - Since they spread 2-4, it won't be a problem to have 2-4 tables. However, 2-4 doesn't lend itself well to certain games, such as stud games, because MGM has no quarters or halves on the tables (which is actually good). Also, the rake is higher. However, we can adjust if everyone just wants 2-4. Anyone wanting ONE FRIGGIN' TWO because they don't want "their bankroll to take a big hit" needs to go back to playing 50c-1.00 on party already and stay away from Vegas. We use HUNDREDS out here not ONES. My sympathy for those who think that 4-8 is too high, well, same response, but 2-4 is do-able. Anyone using ONE DOLLAR BILLS TO BUY IN will be immediately be kicked in the nuts by me! Play the game like you GOT A PAIR already!!!! Since there will be several tables, those who wish to play 3-6 or 4-8 should be able to do so. I personally think the mixed games will play better at 3-6 or 4-8, that's just my opinion, but we can do it at 2-4.

EV and your bankroll - Face it, anytime you play a game like this, with all good players and a rake, it's not going to be +EV. Between the rake and tips, none of us have a large +EV situation to look forward to on the 18th! So if this bothers you, and your precious tiny little measly bankroll is so very important that you can never play anything that's -EV, then don't friggin' play. No whiners please! This is for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.

Drinking - unless you for some medical reason can't drink, drink it up already! It's a MUST DRINK game!! Wearing nametags on your head is OK. Lampshades are optional.

Playing your A game - screw that. You will lose if you do. BAD. Pass the preparation-H to the "A" player!

Celebrity invitees - Invite whomever you want. I'll pass it by Mason an' nem. Wouldn't be surprised to see one or more of them make a cameo. I'd like a chance for revenge at Miller myself!

The game will go as late as needed to get the giant pissing contest decided! Most likely we will combine games as things wind down, but I have seen these things go LATE before. Have fun and play all friggin' night!

From the results of the post so far, it's looking like I got about 30 sign-ups. I am suspecting more like 50 sign-ups, but only about 35 actually playing. I may revise these estimates as the time grows nearer.

So these are my thoughts as of today, tuesday may 17th. We got a month till this thing goes. We still have to make further arrangements as the time gets closer. However, it will all come to pass soon enough!

al
Old 05-17-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Stopped by MGM last night and ran it past them...

Everything sounds excellent. Thanks for all your work. Triple Draw-no great loss. Nametags--I'll wear it until I'm seated.

We'll def. take care of all dealers/floor, we're a good bunch.

Thanks again, see ya, in a month.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:12 PM

great work --- i hope that i can get into one of the games, because it sounds like its going to be a good time

i have no desire to get kicked in the nuts -- so i will avoid all the hazard zones

[ QUOTE ]
Lampshades are optional.

[/ QUOTE ]

cheers
Old 05-17-2005, 02:21 PM

Oh, man, you make it sound like so much fun.

Not only can I afford to play it, I can afford to lose and make myself look like a total drooling drunken magoo in the process. Sounds outstanding.

Only problem is that being "differently sized" (a nice way of saying "obese"), with a bad back, the only realistic way I can endure a 2000 mile flight anymore is in business class or better, meaning that I'd be blowing $1.1k just to get there and back.

Which is pretty much why I'm not going.

That, and that I'm a total misanthrope anyway.

But jeebus farkin' key-rice, you make it sound fun.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:27 PM

Al, that is fantastic! Thanks for setting all this up.

Seems like everyone knows except for me -- how are you connected to MGM?
Old 05-17-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how are you connected to MGM?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not. I just know how to deal with people in the world of poker.

al
Old 05-17-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how are you connected to MGM?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not. I just know how to deal with people in the world of poker.

al

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for setting this up. I'm in.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:40 PM

thx for the hard work. I think schneider and I are playing in the WSOP limit tourney at noon that day but assuming we dont woop ass, we'll be there.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thx for the hard work. I think schneider and I are playing in the WSOP limit tourney at noon that day but assuming we dont woop ass, we'll be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you guys so need to make the final table and come over and tell us about it that night. Then we will all proceed to show up the next day and make the biggest cheering section the WSOP has ever seen at a final table.