FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hero's best play is:
Raise 61 23.28%
Call 129 49.24%
Fold 72 27.48%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2004, 11:42 PM

Default Re: edge

See my prior post in this thread about Bush being better-equipped to lead this nation than Sen. Kerry.

Would it be incorrect to say that you do tend to create posts that could be taken as rude, sarcastic, and generally uninformative? Do not take this to say that ALL your posts are like this, but your first post in this thread was such. I am more than open to debate with those who will not resort to arguing spelling or claiming one is out of their mind as their main opening argument.

-Edge
Old 10-13-2004, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Who won the 3rd debate?

[ QUOTE ]
You know the drill...as always, thoughts and opinions welcome...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was one that was in the ABB camp but after hearing Kerry in the 3 debates I have no problem giving Kerry a scratch.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:48 PM

"Bush 'not worried' about Bin Laden

CHARLESTON (West Virginia) - President George W. Bush said yesterday he was not worried about finding Osama bin Laden, adding there are "only so many caves he can hide in."

In arrival remarks at Yeager Airport in Charleston, West Virginia, Mr Bush said the United States was winning the war on terrorism in spite of the fact that Bin Laden, suspected of masterminding the September 11 attacks, had not turned up yet.

Mr Bush, who has said he wants Bin Laden dead or alive, said he was "not too worried about him" and that "the mission is broader" than Bin Laden. "He's the one who needs to be worried. But I want to assure you the objective is not Bin Laden. We'll get Bin Laden. There's only so many caves he can hide in, if he's still hiding in caves," Mr Bush said.

Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf last week suggested Bin Laden might have died from kidney disease. - Reuters "
Old 10-13-2004, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, i think i misunderstood the original quote. that being said. why has the president never met with the NAACP? it seems pretty absurd to me...

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

NAACP is a liberal group, why should he meet with them? There are a lot of black groups out there working primarily for black interests, the NAACP only works for liberal interests. Bush is right to ignore them.

Is Kerry considered anti-Family because he doesn't meet with Focus on the Family? NO, because they are a conservative group more so than a "family" group.

Default Re: edge

then go reply to the last thread you asked me to write out a well thought out response for. i think that anyone who thought that bush won by a large margin in this debate is out of their mind. i think it is well within my rights to have this view and i was shocked when i saw someone vote for big bush win. i thought it was pretty equal and maybe a win for kerry.

i am a liberal, but not very pro-kerry, so i dont know how this would skew my views one way or another. While i am a registered democrat, i cannot vote for kerry because he supports the patriot act and generally refuses to take a stance on controversial issues, which may be good for getting undecided voters, but alienates those who actually were excited about "our" candidate at first. however, i think that bush is a below average debator, and this came out in the 3 debates, but i dont think it really matters, he'll win the election anyways because people dont care about the facts, they just think kerry is soft or they "dont know if he can lead a country" while the president has had 4 years to lead and has been wholey ineffective in my mind. i plan to leave my ballot blank in the presidential spot.

rj

Ok Grey, worried is not the same word as concerned. But still, the meanings are the same, so you win. Bush messed up.

I still think it's laughable to say Bush doesn't want to get Bin Laden. And I think you can agree on that.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:54 PM

Here is the UPI link ...

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=...2-034743-1472r

I actually think his position as quoted makes alot of sense, Bin Laden is largely marginalized. But it was a bit of a blunder for him to deny saying this.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:31 AM

Bush reminded me of a used car salesman tonight. A bad used car salesman.

ABC news poll
Who Won
Kerry Bush Tie
Among Democrats 81% 5 11
Among Republicans 12% 73 11
Among Independents 42% 35 22

Kerry scored with the independents, which is what he needed to do.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:33 AM

Default Re: CNN poll - Kerry again.

[ QUOTE ]
Not an online poll. A telephone poll of over 500 viewers with a MOE of +-5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad assumption on my part. My apologies.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody finally voted even. At least somebody on the board isn't trying to do some type of strange 2+2 spin for their candidate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or perhaps only 1 person felt that the debate was in fact a tie. You don't think it's possible to feel that one candidate or the other did a better job without it being purely partisan?