Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: People in Atlanta (Gas Prices/Shortage)

Gas prices are over $4 almost everywhere, $5 isn't rare, there's a station in Jonesboro charging $6 for a gallon of diesel. Gov Perdue just issued a State of Emergency for gas prices, meaning if any station raises the price over what they have now, they can be charged with price gouging.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:30 PM

Up near Vinings it seems fine.

I'm sorry. What I meant to say was, "Up near Vinings it was fine four days ago when I was lucky enough to fill up unnecessarily early (or so I thought at the time)."
Old 08-31-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gas prices are over $4 almost everywhere, $5 isn't rare, there's a station in Jonesboro charging $6 for a gallon of diesel. Gov Perdue just issued a State of Emergency for gas prices, meaning if any station raises the price over what they have now, they can be charged with price gouging.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm ashamed to live here.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm ashamed to live here.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i love this city
Old 08-31-2005, 06:37 PM

Prices will be down in 2 days. Tops. Not every station got up that high with their predatory pricing. No one is going to pay $2 more per gallon to go to one gas station over another on the other side of town. The ones that got up big, will have to drop.

My favorite story, from one of the talk radio reporters, "I just saw a gas station owner go outside with a ladder to his sign, and with over 20 people waiting in line for gas take the first number of his prices, and change from $3.09/gal to $4.09/gal."

BAHAHAHAHA

That's what these idiots get for actually thinking we're out of gas in the largest metropolitan area in the Southeast. And btw, all you people scared about gas, [censored] you for making my 3 mile drive from GT to home take 40 minutes.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prices will be down in 2 days. Tops. Not every station got up that high with their predatory pricing. No one is going to pay $2 more per gallon to go to one gas station over another on the other side of town. The ones that got up big, will have to drop.

My favorite story, from one of the talk radio reporters, "I just saw a gas station owner go outside with a ladder to his sign, and with over 20 people waiting in line for gas take the first number of his prices, and change from $3.09/gal to $4.09/gal."

BAHAHAHAHA

That's what these idiots get for actually thinking we're out of gas in the largest metropolitan area in the Southeast. And btw, all you people scared about gas, [censored] you for making my 3 mile drive from GT to home take 40 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAH i cant stop laughin about it all...atlanta always freaks out...snow...hurricanes...gas...god i love it here!!

I filled up way earlier today so im not out there with all the tards!! I know prices will go back down BUT i gotta get to classes so i went ahead and got it earlier today...this is still beyond halarious though HAHAHA and sucks for u being down at ur school at this time trying to get around!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 09:26 PM

Well, it was 2.59 in NJ Sunday, now its 2.79-3.06.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Communists. The price is whatever the market will bear.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Peachy ... didn't know you lived in Atlanta (I live in Decatur). Thanks for the heads up. I just wish MARTA was a viable option for us.

Greg H.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is MARTA not a viable option? There is a Decatur station.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Peachy ... didn't know you lived in Atlanta (I live in Decatur). Thanks for the heads up. I just wish MARTA was a viable option for us.

Greg H.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is MARTA not a viable option? There is a Decatur station.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe it doesnt let off near where hes going...dunno