Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Shame on the Eagles

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, you've all convinced me of my naivete on this topic. But maybe what StL did backfired and they lost their edge. They sure looked flat in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they looked terrible crushing the Dodgers and beating a white hot Astros team and Roger Clemens in game 7. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Lots of teams would like to play so flat that they win their first two postseason series and make it to the Championship. Just because none of those games were shown on the east coast doesn't mean they didn't happen. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2004, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ok, you've all convinced me of my naivete on this topic. But maybe what StL did backfired and they lost their edge. They sure looked flat in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they looked terrible crushing the Dodgers and beating a white hot Astros team and Roger Clemens in game 7. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Lots of teams would like to play so flat that they win their first two postseason series and make it to the Championship. Just because none of those games were shown on the east coast doesn't mean they didn't happen. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you talking about Clark?
Old 12-28-2004, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any team that has to have some help and only squeak into the playoffs at the end of the year doesn't deserve to be there in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

This kinda of thinking always annoys me...

If a team wins in week 1 and loses in week 17 and barely makes the playoffs they "backed in"

If they lose in week 1 and win in week 17 and barely makes the playoffs they "earned" a spot.

Teams make the playoffs based on their record for the ENTIRE SEASON in relation to the other teams and those team's records for the ENTIRE SEASON.... not what happens in the final week or two...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you need for this team to lose and that team to lose for you to make it into the playoffs, you don't deserve it and have nothing to complain about if you don't make it.

If you would have won your games earlier in the year, you would not have put yourself in that situation. The team controlled it's own destiny from the beginning of the year. They lost games and put themselves into the situation of needing other teams to lose to make the playoffs.

It does come down to the last week though because these teams put themselves in this situation. I'm not saying someone like Denver deserves the last ACF spot over Buffalo. I'm saying that Denver nor Buffalo can bitch about teams not playing hard in a meaningless game.

EX :

For Carolina to make the playoffs :

1) Panthers win and Vikings loss
OR
2) Panthers win and Seahawks win or tie
OR
3) Panthers win or tie and Rams loss or tie.

To me, something like that is a joke. That is what I mean by if they don't make the playoffs, they have no one to blame but themselves. They are the ones that lost 7 of their first 8 games. If they would have won just 1 of those games, they would only have to win to make the playoffs.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are the ones that lost 7 of their first 8 games. If they would have won just 1 of those games, they would only have to win to make the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ] They also had an absurd amount of injuries as well. I really hope Carolina makes it, because they deserve it a helluva lot more than Seattle, Minnesota, and STL.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:08 PM

I didn't watch any of the games against the Dodgers and can't comment on that but they didn't look very good ekeing by the Astros and against the Sox they looked totally deflated. This all compared to a team that looked like the 1927 Yankees during the regular season.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They are the ones that lost 7 of their first 8 games. If they would have won just 1 of those games, they would only have to win to make the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ] They also had an absurd amount of injuries as well. I really hope Carolina makes it, because they deserve it a helluva lot more than Seattle, Minnesota, and STL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:14 PM

lets be honest, STL was over achieving all year, thats why they got rocked by the Sox(a team which was really underachieving all year until late august).
Old 12-28-2004, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
true true true, well if Carolina makes it, they will definitely have earned it.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Injuries mean nothing. Carolina, a Super Bowl team should be able to get past those injuries. The Steelers were 6-10 last year, had a ton of injuries and they're 14-1 now. You can't blame injuries on your failure to win games.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Injuries mean nothing. Carolina, a Super Bowl team should be able to get past those injuries. The Steelers were 6-10 last year, had a ton of injuries and they're 14-1 now. You can't blame injuries on your failure to win games.

[/ QUOTE ]what??? Carolina is using a third string running back right now. They started off 1-7 and very easily could have folded, especially with all the injuires, instead they won 6 in a row, and are now in the playoff hunt.