Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: On the Edge - IX

It's buried at the end of the 4th paragraph ... perhaps it should be the start of a new 5th paragraph in order to make the action clearer, good point.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-02-2005, 03:28 PM

sorry, when you use the phrases "draw" and "made hand" i consider them different. you should clarify in your article for instance that a checkraise could be a pair PLUS draw, which is still a "made hand" while also being a draw. when you use the two terms independently of each other, i take it literally, so sorry for the confusion.

if that is really the case then, your reads on his flop checkraises are wrong, because he does in fact have a pair here, when your article was dead set in saying that he bets his pairs and checkraises his draws. well, which is it?

that being said, i still think 3-betting the flop isn't as good as waiting till the turn to raise especially on scary overcards like a king for example, when he is only holding a 4. that works out better imo than 3-betting the flop and having him call down if you're ever able to get him to fold a pair.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These tight ass blinds sure are calling down a lot in the few hours Tony has been raising his after cigarrete cutoff post when the table folds around to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good point.

I've played in the 10/20; 20/40 games at Foxwoods often. The games are very good. IMO There is really no need to get involved in nonsense like this with Q6o in this situation.

Can we vote these articles off the island?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, which is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just what I said. See examples above. It all does fit.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-02-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO There is really no need to get involved in nonsense like this with Q6o in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because a game is good means you shouldn't extract extra dollars where you can.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-02-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IMO There is really no need to get involved in nonsense like this with Q6o in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because a game is good means you shouldn't extract extra dollars where you can.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO this situation is either neutral or -EV.

I haven't heard a response to the main contradiction here. The blinds are supposedly so tight, yet we have seen so many of these cigarette cutoff raises shown down to give you this super read.

In your case, the blinds have an even greater incentive to see the flop as the pot is larger.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:36 PM

"The table was tight, averaging four per flop"

That's tight?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't heard a response to the main contradiction here. The blinds are supposedly so tight, yet we have seen so many of these cigarette cutoff raises shown down to give you this super read.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what the point is here at all...

If you're wondering how the blinds are tight and yet we saw so many showdowns, even tight blinds immediately go into defense mode against a specific player when they see his holding is so meager (as what happened obviously in order for me to know his hand ranges). From there, it was showdown central.

With ME, however, they had no such defense mode, hence they would fold.

I'm not sure if that is what you're asking, but that's backstory you can infer from the article...

If you're asking something else, please explain.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-02-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"The table was tight, averaging four per flop"

That's tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

In live poker in 2005, especially at these high low limit games, absolutely.

This point though is neither here nor there though as I specifically said the number, lest there be confusion with what "tight" means for one player vs. another.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-02-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what the point is here at all...

If you're wondering how the blinds are tight and yet we saw so many showdowns, even tight blinds immediately go into defense mode against a specific player when they see his holding is so meager (as what happened obviously in order for me to know his hand ranges). From there, it was showdown central.

With ME, however, they had no such defense mode, hence they would fold.

I'm not sure if that is what you're asking, but that's backstory you can infer from the article...

If you're asking something else, please explain.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talking about tightness preflop. 3-4 handed, I don't like Q6o. Even if you have this rock image w/ position.

Next article, please write about a hand where your expert plays lost you 8 big bets.