Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2004, 01:38 PM

Default Why not use PT stats to prove it?

Why post screenshots? Why not use Poker Tracker stats to prove/disprove your point? Poker Tracker is not biased and computes the stats the same way for each of these sites.

Now, I don't bother taking the time to request UB hand histories because it's a pain in arse, but I do request them for both Empire/Party and Stars. Here is what I find:

ASF @ Stars ($1/$2): 29.8%
ASF @ Empire/Party ($1/$2): 36.0%

I am not at home but those numbers stick out to me because I have compared the sites. I don't have exact pot sizes for the two sites but the difference was not as great. The sites were about $1 in difference with Party/Empire being slightly larger.

If anyone keeps these stats on all 3 sites, simply post the numers here. That way there can't be an argument.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:00 PM

Default Re: I want to correct a general misconception here....

[ QUOTE ]

Im sorry, I generally try not to make deliberate fun of people on this board, but this is probably the stupidest thing I've read all day. Yeah, I think a bunch of 2+2 players are going to soften up the games. Did you even think that out before saying it?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">Why do you continue to play at Party (Empire) when you believe there are better places to play? </font>

You are not disclosing the full truth.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you continue to play at Party (Empire) when you believe there are better places to play?

You are not disclosing the full truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play anywhere exlusively. Sometimes I get in the mood for a three table sng. While playing, I'll usually sit at a NL ring game at the same time.

Every once in a while Party gives everyone a reload bonus, so I'll take advantage of that.

Sometimes, even though its not my favorite software, I just want a change of scenery.

I never said the games were bad at Party or that they werent the best. IMO they are just not SO MUCH better then anywhere else.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:55 PM

His implication, which you somehow amazingly missed, was that:

a) you play at party
b) 2+2ers make games tough, not soft

a+b=&gt; you want 2+2ers to leave party because then the party games you play would be softer.

The original poster's comments don't take into account that those 2+2ers would have to go somewhere, and since you play everywhere, your net game softness encountered would likely not change much.

As for the lobby numbers, I believe that things like the poker tracker stats are much more important, they being actual data.

The original person who said you were hiding hte full tables was pointing out you not only had all full tables hidden, but your original screenshot was 90% shorthanded tables, not full ring tables.

Carry on with the lunacy,

citanul
Old 06-28-2004, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a+b=&gt; you want 2+2ers to leave party because then the party games you play would be softer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a break! This is an even dumber comment then the fist one. Theres 10k+ live players at that site at any time. I probably run into very few if any 2+2 players that can beat the games at the limits I play when I play at Party.

The screenshot was unitentional, I always have that box checked and it just so happened there were only 5 or 6 open tables when I opened the software and snapped the shot. The simple fact of the matter is you don't need my screen shots for evidence. Just open up a couple lobby's yourself. You won't see much differnce. I did it again just now. Try it yourself. Don't take my word for it.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How come in your entire defensive argument you ignored the lobby numbers in my post. Those were concrete facts that support my opinon.

[/ QUOTE ]
How come in your entire offensive argument you chose just about the ONLY possible Ub screenshot and compared it to the worst (of many possible) Empire screenshot? Your screenshots are simply misleading.

[ QUOTE ]
You support your position by saying you haven't even played poker in a year! WTF?.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't need to play poker anymore, and haven't done so in over a year, professionally. I do prop for friend(s) though rarely, and also rarely play on friend's prop accounts when they need someone to fill in a shift. I supported my position saying I have regular contact with certified, bona fide, long time, here to stay, professionals with whom I used to spend much time playing with, with whom I remain in regular contact, and which results I have access, speak otherwise.

[ QUOTE ]
I am earning the UB points for even more equity. UB gives points for raked hands and for time at the tables each month.

[/ QUOTE ]
You and I will go earn Ub points. You like the games, I like the software. You prop for their deposit bonuses, I'll prop on my friend's hosting account. The other pros will go earn rake rebates. They can get all the cash they want, we'll show them who's boss when we tally our Ub points at the end of the year.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so not that I sound like a complete effing shill, I am not. I just seem to be the only one here to realize that other sites are offering a lot better incentives to play then the Party sites. Then again, maybe Im not the only one, and thats why the sites have become much much softer then you seem to recall.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. I'm no shill either, and I think Ub has a great offer - their software is sooo awesome! I like playing on my friend's Ub prop account. Their software is soo awesome (did I mention that already?. I even bet they're the only site that has software to tell the props exactly how much we got paid at each table. He cuts me a check for my share of the prop within a week of my filling in a shift for him. I wish everyone else played there too so I can laugh at how much they are contributing to my hourly prop pay.

Party is so dumb to do advertising and affiliate deals. They should just hire more props (especially 2+2'ers) like the other sites. We could all be playing rake free. Wouldn't you make more money playing rake free on a soft site like Ub? Yummy.. all that equity!

Keep up the good work. Soon, everyone will be on Ub!
Old 06-28-2004, 06:18 PM

Please, just give it up. When I open up Party at 8:00 PM each night, I am on 4 tables of 1/2 6max games with &gt;$15 avg pot sizes within 30 seconds. For comparison, UB has 5 1/2 6max tables running TOTAL. Even if I conceded that the AVERAGE Party game is equal to the AVERAGE UB/Stars game (which I definitely do not!), it could be said that the SOFTEST Party game is much softer than the SOFTEST UB/Stars game.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At UB you can pretty much play rake free with thier almost unlimitited amount of bonus dollar offers.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you cannot. Not even close.
You really should start reporting facts instead of making totally incorrect statements. It damages your 'cause' more than it helps it.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:14 AM

you dont know what you are talking about. At the 1/2 limit i am talking about, i pay a max rake of $1. I earn $1 for every 10 points or about 15 hands. Its about as rake free for me as it gets.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:28 AM

So you can do at 1/2? Cool. I'm happy for you.

Shame you're going around saying "*you* can pretty much play rake free".
No I cannot.
Just because you can at 1/2 doesn't mean Joe Bob and his brother at every other limit on the site can. Me included.