Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: This final table commentary with Greenstein and Raymer..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Whatever the case, I wish he would zip it up and learn a little something called humility.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why his humbleness is so important. Furthermore it makes the show more entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care if he's humble or not - I just wish he'd stop interrupting others while they are talking. He ran over Greg on countless occasions and, contrary to what Barry may think, there were many people who were interested in hearing what Greg had to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was out of synch initially, not knowing when Greg was done with his thought. If you stuck with it, you will notice that I eventually asked Greg first if he wanted to answer each question as it came up, and toward the end, I was pretty silent as Greg told his stories.

I have no disrespect for Greg, and I think one WSOP final bracelet is more than the sum total of about anything else in the poker world. And he even made a valiant run at a repeat.

Sorry I occasionally interfered during the broadcast.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

2+2 is crazy because you can badmouth a celebrity/superstar you've never met and they might respond.

oh yeah, and make the OP look like a total tool by giving a reasonable, humble response.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh yeah, and make the OP look like a total tool by giving a reasonable, humble response.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry but I don't feel like a tool in the least bit, this is the internet for christ sakes. Everything I originally said I still think is true but since Barry did come in and apologize and give reason as to why it seemed like he was cutting greg off, that's why I decided to also mention the positive aspects of the commentary so that he knows that overall it was good. Doesnt change my original opinion though. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:04 PM

One other thing probably influenced my actions. I had just done a Fox Sports Net panel discussion with some of the Full Tilt guys. The producer told us it would be much more entertaining if we debated points rather than agree with each other. (Think Fox NFL and TNT basketball studio broacasts.)

I intentionally took the high-stakes cash game player, brick and mortar position, and let Greg take the tournament player and Internet position.

I didn't intend to put Greg down, but instead I repsonded from my position. Greg and I have never been anything but friendly toward each other.

I think the problem is that many of you have heard my position before, so it made the repetition somewhat obnoxious. But one thing I ask of you in your constructive criticism is that when you comment negatively it is based on hearing the broadcasts, not by reading others negative comments and using second-hand information.

This goes for my Live at the Bike shows and interviews. The reason I am not embarrassed to respond to negative threads and negative e-mails is I use them as a litmus test to judge the direction I should take.

Much of the broadcasting that has been done before me was not very good for serious poker players. I think I have been able to cater to them and also to people who just want to be entertained.

Barry
Old 09-20-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Much of the broadcasting that has been done before me was not very good for serious poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

amen to that! (especially televised)
Old 09-20-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-20-2005, 07:50 PM

So is this available for us to listen to this still, or was it only available at the time?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to listen to this. Anyone know?
Old 09-21-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Much of the broadcasting that has been done before me was not very good for serious poker players.

amen to that! (especially televised)

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a doubt.

BTW - the story that Barry told about the 2 hookers was freaking hilarious. Barry is a comic GENIUS (much in the David Sklansky vain).
Old 09-21-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Greg isn't exactly a slouch, tournament-wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

keyword [major].

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm confused. Are these not major tournaments?

3rd Place: Final Table No Limit Hold'em, 2000 World Poker Finals
12th Place: $1,500 Omaha Hi-Lo Split Eight or Better, 2001 World Series of Poker
1st Place: $10,000 World Championship Event, 2004 World Series of Poker
6th Place: $1,500 No Limit Hold'em, 2005 World Series of Poker
25th Place (out of 5619): $10,000 World Championship Event, 2005 World Series of Poker
Old 09-21-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

keyword [major].

[/ QUOTE ]

12th Place: $1,500 Omaha Hi-Lo Split Eight or Better, 2001 World Series of Poker
25th Place (out of 5619): $10,000 World Championship Event, 2005 World Series of Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

another keyword [ WON ].
Old 09-21-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

keyword [major].

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

another keyword [ WON ].

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually since they were talking about headsup experience only tournaments he finished 1st OR 2nd would count, which would be the 2 he won.

RZ