Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Re: 2+2ers suck

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...unless you are Schneids or Dcifrths or some other random person who has played millions of hands and can read hands like no one else...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post...the longer I play the truer I realize this is.

[/ QUOTE ]

The truer you realize what is? That there aren't many winning players, or there are a lot of players better than you? You should have known, and never forgotten, both of those things within your first week of play.

Also, his post isn't good. The subject is "2+2ers suck". But then he goes on to say later that it doesn't apply to all 2+2ers, only those who berate others for bad play.

Umm... '2+2ers' aren't usually the people berating others. The general consensus on these forums is that people who do that are idiots. Usually the only '2+2ers' I see doing that are people who just joined the forums. His post would have been somewhat better if he had addressed it to those who berate others for their play. Much like dogmeat, I don't appreciate being lumped in with those who like to play the coach at their tables.

His post also isn't good because he is telling us, "Get rid of your damn superiority complex," when he is clearly suffering from one of his own.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't berate the fish. And I still maintain that I have never met a winning player who does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've met several. In fact, there is a well respected author who has quite a reputation for being a table captain and berating fish after bad beats.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:56 AM

No, I mean the longer I play the more I realize that the real money is in hand-reading...and that hand-reading is a far sight harder than I first imagined it to be. (Mostly because good hand reading requires good player reads...)
Old 08-19-2005, 03:03 AM

well i think anyone named baron sucks. So there [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Who gives a crap what half the people on this board say or think?? Like it was said above, anyone not trying to continually improve their game is an idiot anyhow.

You obviously enjoy the board and have gained a lot from it. Why try to make a big bold statement like this. Your statement won't be read by most and will be followed by even less who read.

Take all the good stuff you can from the board, listen to the posters you respect, and learn to use the ignore button.

Next hand.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:04 AM

2+2ers suck

You are right. I'm down 25 buy-in's in 40 sit n goes, man I [censored] suck bad.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:29 AM

The OP wants this thread locked and I agree that there's not a whole lot of worthwhile discussion here, so I'm locking it.
Closed Thread