Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Daniel N. rips Barry Greenstein!

" which was published (a rumor . . . ) about three weeks ago in ROLLING STONE!

Oh, it's gotta be true!"

Billy The Mountain - Frank Zappa
Old 05-03-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

When I mentioned to Phil Ivey that Daniel had written that Phil made more money than I did the last few years, Phil gave me the correct answer: “Why do you care?”

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. These threads read like a bad soap opera.

[ QUOTE ]

Daniel doesn’t know me very well. We have played less than ten hours of poker together in our lives.

[deletia]

I play in the “first tier” game and Daniel has in the last couple of years moved up to the second tier.

[/ QUOTE ]

To satisfy my low-roller curiosity, can you explain at what limits these "tiers" lie. Daniel writes semi-frequently about playing the 4K/8K limit game at the Bellagio, which is mixed with NL and PL with a 100K pot cap. I thought this was the biggest game around, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry,

I second the motion - could you answer the above question out of curiosity? Thanks in advance!
Old 05-03-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

To satisfy my low-roller curiosity, can you explain at what limits these "tiers" lie. Daniel writes semi-frequently about playing the 4K/8K limit game at the Bellagio, which is mixed with NL and PL with a 100K pot cap. I thought this was the biggest game around, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I second the motion - could you answer the above question out of curiosity? Thanks in advance!

[/ QUOTE ]

We often play the $4000-$8000 game during big tournaments. Although, Daniel has enough money to play in the game now, he focuses on tournaments, so he doesn't play. That is why he and I have only played in the big game together twice, and for a very short time.

Most of Daniel's high-stakes play is at the next level down. That game ranges from 1000-2000 to 2000-4000, and they only play limit poker. They often play that game in Vegas even when there are no tournaments going on. If I lived in Vegas, I would probably play in the game, but I don't fly in from LA to play in it. It's smaller stakes than I prefer, and I like the no-limit games mixed in.

Barry
Old 05-03-2005, 11:23 PM

Thanks for the answer Barry! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2005, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I mentioned to Phil Ivey that Daniel had written that Phil made more money than I did the last few years, Phil gave me the correct answer: “Why do you care?”

[/ QUOTE ]

It's unreal how much of an awesome guy Phil Ivey is. You too, Barry. Keep up the good work.