Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: From Josh Arieh\'s website

[ QUOTE ]

i'm not glorifying him btw, but years from now when we look back, i think [Moneymaker's win] will be a watershed moment

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to make fun of you for being a newbie, but your post makes it apparent.

These are the years when we're looking back at Moneymaker's win as a watershed moment.

In fact, ever since about July 2003, we've been looking back at it as a watershed moment.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:21 AM

sigh...arieh was not insulting raymer, it certainly looks that way, but if you read arieh's blog/journal you will find that he is a decent person and when he says "bust this motherxxxxxx," he is just rooting on his buddy, no more, no less.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sigh...arieh was not insulting raymer, it certainly looks that way, but if you read arieh's blog/journal you will find that he is a decent person and when he says "bust this motherxxxxxx," he is just rooting on his buddy, no more, no less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Raymer also said that during his commentary on the final table. I acknowledged that Raymer had forgiven him.

But he still called Raymer a M'F'er no matter how you slice it, and that's a jerk move.

Just because Fossilman forgave him (Greg's a nice guy), and Josh says he was "only" rooting on his buddy, does not require ME to think he's not a jerk.

Fow what it's worth, I doubt that Josh, or anybody else, here for that matter, gives a crap what I think, but I'm entitled to think it.

And truthfully, I do hope I'm wrong. I prefer to accentuate the positive and would like to think that Josh is an upstanding individual.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:54 AM

it just bugs me anytime someone is quick to judge a celebrity figure. case in point, "arieh is such a xxxx, i hate him blah blah." do you know him personally? nope, did you see a few remote instances captured on television that could depict him this way? yep...a product of norman chad's hate i tell you, not to mention espn's heavily edited interviews.

i had the chance to meet arieh for a few minutes @ LV airport and he was a total gentleman. he spent most of the time talking with my niece and asking her questions, she knows him by name and always perks up when she sees him on tv and says "It's Josh!" he apologized for not staying to talk, ran off and then we heard an announcement "last call for flight 123 atlanta, georgia." buddy almost missed his flight, took the time to say hello, sign an autograph AND apologize for running off, a gentleman in my eyes.

at the same time i do not know the guy personally, but from my first impression he was a decent human being. read through some of his blog entries, youw ill find he is a family man and that is a great thing.

kinda reminds me of friends that say "omg i hate britney spears she is such a bxxxx!!" oh yeah, because you know her personally right? anyway..blah blah
Old 07-13-2005, 05:02 AM

TheCroShow, I'll take your word for it and hopefully we can stop hijacking this thread and let it die the peaceful death that it deserves.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:11 AM

Knowing someone personally isn't everything. Often, complete strangers are able to more accurately ascertain one's personality after observing him for a few minutes. See Blink by Malcom Gladwell.

-Michael
Old 07-13-2005, 07:54 AM

I dunno - probably true....

but I can guarantee you Mike Matusow winning would probably be one of the WORST things that could happen to poker - esp. with all his face time at featured tables.

RB
Old 07-13-2005, 09:15 AM

I couldn't disagree more. Although I'd love to see Ivy win, I can just imagine him on Letterman:

Dave: "So...has winning the world series changed your life?"
Phil, wearing a ballcap and a very thin smile: eyes dart over to Paul, back to Dave, back to Paul, back to Dave, "Not really..."

Contrast this with Matusow (god I hope this doesn't happen) on Letterman if he wins:

Dave: "Lets take a look at a clip of you from this year's world series..."
Mike (in clip): "Waaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa"
Dave: "oops, that was last year's world series"
Hilarity ensues.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:21 AM

I think if juanda wins there will be a rapid increase in number of asians playing
Old 07-13-2005, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if juanda wins there will be a rapid increase in number of asians playing

[/ QUOTE ]

nh