Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: PokerAce Heads Up Display - Version 0.14 Released

No configuration files are overwritten by the installation process anymore. So no, you won't have to redo your configuration.

I'm going to be doing another release tonight. This version includes PostgreSQL support, 'Self stats' (your stats for the table), and the global font and decimal changes functionality. It also fixes a few bugs. I'll make another post when I upload it.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:11 PM

I'm going to vote for additional site support with the first additional site to be crypto sites since there are so many of them.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This version includes PostgreSQL support

[/ QUOTE ]

I have posted over at the PokerTracker forums but have gotten no response. Any idea when the PostgreSQL version of PT will be released? Are the performance improvements substantial? Am I the only person who does not know the answer to these questions? Should I ask a question about PA HUD so this post isn't grossly off topic?

So...uh...thanks again for your work on PA HUD. Fun project, huh?
Old 07-01-2005, 03:34 PM

This just in from the PokerTracker forum:

[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully late next week or early the week of July 11. The PostgreSQL stuff seems pretty stable but I also wany to include the new Prima import functionality as part of this release too and I need to finish and test that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-01-2005, 03:40 PM

Please add support for Pacific! I'm looking forward to trying this out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have posted over at the PokerTracker forums but have gotten no response. Any idea when the PostgreSQL version of PT will be released? Are the performance improvements substantial? Am I the only person who does not know the answer to these questions? Should I ask a question about PA HUD so this post isn't grossly off topic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Performance enhancements are very big. Queries which were taking 30s are now taking less than 5. The initial load of PA Hud took me up to 30s with 8 tables using Access. Now they are almost instantaneous. Once the postgres version is released to the public; I highly recommend downloading and installing the postgres database. You will not be disappointed!
Old 07-01-2005, 04:39 PM

Just wanted to add in that I think you've done a great job on this. And it's amazing how quick you keep making changes/fixes.

A small request: on the popup stas, it'd be nice to be able to add some kind of separator between stats (similar to the separators in the Firefox bookmarks), so you can group similar stats together.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Performance enhancements are very big. Queries which were taking 30s are now taking less than 5. The initial load of PA Hud took me up to 30s with 8 tables using Access. Now they are almost instantaneous. Once the postgres version is released to the public; I highly recommend downloading and installing the postgres database. You will not be disappointed!

[/ QUOTE ]

How about file sizes? Is Postgres more efficient in its use of data types and field sizes?
Old 07-01-2005, 05:00 PM

This is a great piece of software, thanks for all your effort.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:08 PM

Oh, and FWIW, my vote is for Stars support.