Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: GG Steve Danneman

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's a Mortgage Banker/CPA I'm sure he can afford it whether he can play or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

?? Since when does that job = big money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of Mortgage Banker's in this area make $1m+ yearly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mortgage banker is merely a mortgage lender. I just went to several sites and the average salary is approx $45k. I guess like any profession you have a few +9 std dev types that make big money, while the rest drive Hondas.

[/ QUOTE ]

the average salary is likely that low because there are a ton of people who have their license who do one loan a year. If you did a survey of the people who are full time, you would see a much different picture. Trust me, I'm in the industry, and $50-75k months are commonplace. (in this area anyway)
Old 10-26-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hell Kate Hudson's brother went bought in for 10k and lost on the first hand to Sammy Farha. Yeah it was a full house but it was tens full on a AAT board (first hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't go broke on that hand as well, then you truly are an NLFool.

[/ QUOTE ]

First hand of the WSOP against Sammy. I may lose a bunch but I don't go broke. I played with him and Hansen in 03 and in one hand in particular he flopped trips and with the A kicker and played pretty passively let his opponent bluff but never raised even on the river acting last.

It looks they are there to gamble loosey goosey but when it was deep early on they were fairly passive (maybe a better word is less aggressive) even on some big hands.

Against an unknown I maybe dunzo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but not against a top pro who I know isn't likely to go broke here with trips alone on the first hand with 10k chips and with blinds this minute.

EDIT: also it wasn't just AAT board it AATQ I believe. If it got in on the flop not believing someone would hold the A and case T so be it, I understand. But a top pro isn't going broke on an AATQ with trips alone on the first hand.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's a Mortgage Banker/CPA I'm sure he can afford it whether he can play or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

?? Since when does that job = big money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of Mortgage Banker's in this area make $1m+ yearly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mortgage banker is merely a mortgage lender. I just went to several sites and the average salary is approx $45k. I guess like any profession you have a few +9 std dev types that make big money, while the rest drive Hondas.

[/ QUOTE ]

You actually took time to look up information on this meaningless topic?
Old 10-26-2005, 04:27 PM

If you are ever wearing a microphone you do not control, try to remember that anything you say can be recorded and used in anyway the person recording it wants.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The point was not the time frame during which the call was made, but rather that the call was made at all.

And also, if you listed to his tone during the call it's obvious to anyone who isn't deaf and/or blind that the guy is a tool.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to hear him use the term "Pocket Rockets" or "American Airlines" to describe his pocket Aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't change your opinion of what you consider rude, but i think this is a perfectly acceptable thing to do as long as it isn't slowing down or interrupting play (being hand to hand i don't think it did).
Old 10-26-2005, 05:10 PM

He said "re-raise" when he raised Howard's flop bet. Do we need any more proof he learned everything he knows from watching ESPN?
Old 10-26-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He said "re-raise" when he raised Howard's flop bet. Do we need any more proof he learned everything he knows from watching ESPN?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ooh. I forgot about this. For some reason that annoyed me. Kind of like when someone opens the betting and says "I raise."
Old 10-26-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ooh. I forgot about this. For some reason that annoyed me. Kind of like when someone opens the betting and says "I raise."

[/ QUOTE ]
I see this too often. Mostly when I am playing live. These donks have to learn the difference between a bet and a raise.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I see this too often. Mostly when I am playing live. These donks have to learn the difference between a bet and a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are people talking to their computers now?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hell Kate Hudson's brother went bought in for 10k and lost on the first hand to Sammy Farha. Yeah it was a full house but it was tens full on a AAT board (first hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't go broke on that hand as well, then you truly are an NLFool.

[/ QUOTE ]

First hand of the WSOP against Sammy. I may lose a bunch but I don't go broke. I played with him and Hansen in 03 and in one hand in particular he flopped trips and with the A kicker and played pretty passively let his opponent bluff but never raised even on the river acting last.

It looks they are there to gamble loosey goosey but when it was deep early on they were fairly passive (maybe a better word is less aggressive) even on some big hands.

Against an unknown I maybe dunzo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but not against a top pro who I know isn't likely to go broke here with trips alone on the first hand with 10k chips and with blinds this minute.

EDIT: also it wasn't just AAT board it AATQ I believe. If it got in on the flop not believing someone would hold the A and case T so be it, I understand. But a top pro isn't going broke on an AATQ with trips alone on the first hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't see going broke here with bottom full. Its the first friggin' hand and they got what...500x the BB, lol? Or whatever the level 1 blind is. I know Sammy's a nut sometimes but he isn't pushing or calling all-in for all his chips (I forget the turn action, I know the flop went check-check) with trips or str8 or whatever so kid shudda known better.

Theres really nothing in the pot on the turn. Now all the money goes in and kids got bottom full with AAQ on board. Nah.