Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many PTBB/hand have you won with QQ?
Won more than 10. 0 0%
Won 6 to 10. 0 0%
Won 4 to 6. 2 9.52%
Won 3 to 4. 2 9.52%
Won 2 to 3. 0 0%
Won 1 to 2. 4 19.05%
Won 0 to 1. 2 9.52%
Lost 0 to 1. 1 4.76%
Lost more than 1. 0 0%
Just show me the results, please. 10 47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Re: OOT Moderation Poll

Mat, do not split up OOT, it really makes no sense.

[ QUOTE ]
I personally can't wait until all these threads revolving around moderation disappear.

[/ QUOTE ] me too, I think this is just a mild storm passing through. Hopefully a mod will be found to roam the wild plains of OOT(and I think it should be one other mod), and I think that should be enough. really, I think you have been overly nice to many of the whiners on this forum. Most of the people who bitch about being banned and about gimmick accounts being locked are mostly immature people, and should really be of no concern to you. If they don't like it, let them leave. We can have plenty of intelligent, funny, and mature conversations here without them, and they would be conversations that wouldn't make your clients squemish.

I have been told by many people that in order to succeed, you may need to cut off certain people, or cut off dead wood, so to speak. I think 2+2 should follow suit.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm considering another split of OOT. A "good old days oot", and an "OOT Gone Wild"

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you're kidding, but there's no way I see that working. I doubt the people TSC is refering to, when he speaks of those who took OOT from the "good old days" to what we have now, realize it. Creating a "Good Old Days OOT" would be like creating an elite club that EVERYONE thinks they're invited to join. I'm in no way claiming to be "old school," but I notice a desire on this forum where everbody wants to get in on the inside jokes, act like they're old buddies with everybody, etc... No one will freely admit to being "post-good old days."
Old 08-12-2005, 02:22 AM

I completely agree with your entire post, TSC.

This must mean the end is nigh.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:23 AM

Perhaps we should have a forum that revolves around sex only where over the top posts, including ones with nsfw pictures could be moved. This is the last I'll say about it in this thread. Let's hurry up and elect Dynasty and be done with this.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:24 AM

It seems to me that you have whined as much as anybody
Old 08-12-2005, 02:25 AM

people just need to be more mature, and less confrontational. I feel like I know about 40 or so posters pretty well. The rest that frequent OOT I have no effing clue, and that really is because most of you come across as immature douches. I think if the content was toned down, and the maturity was elevated a bit, we may see some of the older posters come back( I think a lot of them lurk, but don't post). And I think some of you newer guys may see some of what we have been talking about the past 3 or 4 months.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had forgotten about that.

You did complain a lot, TSC. Why the change of opinion?
Old 08-12-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I most certainly haven't whined about modding at all, and anything I said to you was clearly a joke. I think the modding by all of the new mods has been 100% pefect. [censored], I mean I was even warned by one of them. In fact, I have been warned once by you. Of course I have followed suit since then. I am not sure at all what your comment pertains to.

edit: My initial post was clearly about people whining about the mods.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a different topic, and perhaps should be it's own thread, but I'm considering another split of OOT. A "good old days oot", and an "OOT Gone Wild" which would be as uncensored as our lawyer, Otis (just kidding; we really do have a top-notch attorney) and Mason allow.

If this is something some of you feel strongly about, go ahead and start up a new thread. I personally can't wait until all these threads revolving around moderation disappear.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are only threads about moderation because it's been frustrating for everyone. I doubt there have been repeated discussions at such length in any of the other forums.

Some of this is because this forum is the most difficult to moderate. Some of it is because the moderators have made it more difficult than it needs to be by expanding duties beyond deleting spam, locking personal attacks and deleting threads that clearly create liability for 2+2.

Once people started locking threads and accounts because things were "unfunny", because of personal preferences ("I don't want to read it so I'll delete it"), or simply because they received a vocal complaint or two, it started causing problems. Add in inconsistent and confusing enforcement policies to a forum that had previously been totally unfettered and it quickly becomes the *only* topic of conversation.

In short, and not surprisingly to you, I favor a return to the minimalist approach that was initially intended.

As for splitting OOT, it's probabaly a good idea. Maybe splitting it into OOT and the Caveman/Cavewoman forum. It's also somewhat problematic, but I think lines could be drawn as to what belongs where (basically anything sexually or relationship oriented).

One thing is for sure, now that things are known to get deleted, you will get repeatedly tested until the lines are both clear and consistantly enforced.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:33 AM

Mat,

I would like my own forum. Let me know if we can make that happen.

[censored]