Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Almost called ambulance for myself last night

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im hoping someone here was in same situation or is a trainer and can give me more concrete steps then eat less move more, though im sure thats a start

[/ QUOTE ]

forum.bodybuilding.com

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. I haven't posted much there recently, but take the time to read through the Losing Fat forum and you'll get all the information you need. I went from 320 lbs. to currently 175 lbs. pretty much all due to BB.com.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:07 PM

Can you post your location? I know folks who can help.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:10 PM

You should also hire a personal food shopper. The thing about eating healthy is that so much of the food is perishable. If you run out of healthy food then you just revert back to eating the good tasting stuff like Pizza or hamburgers. You want to avoid running out of healthy food, thus the personal shopper.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:11 PM

i just have a suggestion that i think may help your mindset for this. i say put more focus on avoiding the bad things (as opposed to focusing on doing the good things). maybe sell your tv, stop eating certain foods, etc.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:26 PM

Seeing a doctor is the best advice obviously.

I tried an experiment once. I am about 25 pounds overwieght. 195 now - at my all time high. - should be 170. Once when I was hovering around 190, for two weeks I cut out all soda(my biggest weakness), ate sushi for dinner almost every night and exercised every day! (mostly rollerblading for 1 1/2 hours)

I was blown away by how much I lost - 5 lbs a week!!

It's expensive but learn to love sushi (sashimi is better cause no rice - stay away from spicy rolls that have mayo and other rolls that have avacado)
Old 10-31-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seeing a doctor is the best advice obviously.

I tried an experiment once. I am about 25 pounds overwieght. 195 now - at my all time high. - should be 170. Once when I was hovering around 190, for two weeks I cut out all soda(my biggest weakness), ate sushi for dinner almost every night and exercised every day! (mostly rollerblading for 1 1/2 hours)

I was blown away by how much I lost - 5 lbs a week!!

It's expensive but learn to love sushi (sashimi is better cause no rice - stay away from spicy rolls that have mayo and other rolls that have avacado)

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who could stick to a diet like that wouldn't ever have an extra ounce of fat.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:55 PM

I'm an on again off again coca cola addict(mostly on), and can testify to the fact that soda has more calories than you'd ever think possible. It doesn't feel like you're doing that much to yourself, but especially considering that EVERY calorie in it is completely valueless and ENTIRELY extra, soda is way worse than it seems. And this is from a soda lover. If I cut out soda, within a week I can see my abs showing up more.

In the past five months, I've cut way way back on soda, often eliminating it for months at a time, and replaced it with a water cooler in-home. It's important that I get some kind of joy out of it, and I like to nurse something to drink, so cold water fills the bill. It's enjoyable enough for being cold, and of course there are no calories. Sometimes I make it into iced tea, no sugar.

Considering that water is very good for your system and that probably most of us drink too little, it would be a good health choice even if I wasn't trying to get rid of the soda habit. (For what it's worth, I basically have -- soda is only a rare treat for me now.) So anyway, dump the soda and increase the water(learn to drink even when you're not particularly thirsty), and you should notice some nice health effects. Good for the mood too -- hydration has a surprising effect on mood and energy.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:28 PM

check this out

This guy pulls no bones and everything that he preaches is easy to do. Get combat conditioning and combat abs, that's the best thing. It works, and you will start to notice results pretty fast. I've probably dropped like 15 pounds and have less fat on me from it. If you do it everyday and follow the diet he suggests(which is pretty easy) you'll be good to go
Old 10-31-2005, 08:39 PM

Did somebody call...oh, false alarm, nevermind.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:41 AM

Dude there is no reason you should be going to a buffet every day. If you just cut that out you would lose weight. That's the dumbest thing i have ever heard. You could also develop a coke problem that will slim you right up.
Smoking cigs can also help you lose weight.