Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Evidence that God exists

<font color="blue">The Bible didn't fall from the sky. </font>

I see... And the Koran did?
Old 11-16-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I see... And the Koran did?

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is they aren't the same. It's very easy to determine the huge differences. Equating them as the same type of document shows no familiarity with either.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Could you explain this please?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many difference between the Koran and the Bible, and many differences between each one's representation of God. They can't both be true.

[/ QUOTE ]

But of course, one billion christians are true and the other 5 billion are false. Makes total sense.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But of course, one billion christians are true and the other 5 billion are false. Makes total sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth is not a democracy.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My point in stating that is not to demean your importance--my point is to say that you do not have an infinite mind capable of understanding god.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why God gave us His Word.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lets simplify this. I am not denying God gave you His word.
My question is this. Do you believe God is infinitely powerful or not??
Old 11-16-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The evidence that God exsists can purely be based on that there is no evidence for the alternative (evolution), but continous evidence for the Bible and God. And before you even start arguing with me, look and watch the debates of Dr. Kent Hovind www.drdino.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a joke, right? No evidence of evolution?!! You've got a strange sense of humor, cuz it's a well known FACT that there is pretty STRONG evidence for the theory of evolution!!!

Uh, and that's THEORY of evolution by the way. This means logical conjecture based on overwhelmingly observable evidence!

Which way does the rain fall in your world?
Old 11-16-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you believe God is infinitely powerful or not??

[/ QUOTE ]

I define His power as ultimate - He has all power, usually referred to as omnipotent.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:12 PM

<font color="blue"> Equating them as the same type of document shows no familiarity with either. </font>

I do not claim familiarity with either, but since you do, I am asking how you know one is correct over the other?

Is it because members of your religion are smarter? Is it because Muslims aren't intelligent enough to figure out what members of your religion have been able to figure out with zero percent chance for error?
Old 11-16-2005, 03:15 PM

You most likely believe in god b/c you were conditioned to believe in it by your parents or other environment as a child. Faith is believing in something that cannot be proven, in other words an unjustifiable conclusion or irrational belief. When schizo's have them we give them pills, when Christians, Jews, or any one else says "Well I have faith" society commends them. You want proof God does not exist, just wait until you die. You'll have it then.

I have a question, how many suckers out there tithe?
Old 11-16-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do you believe God is infinitely powerful or not??

[/ QUOTE ]

I define His power as ultimate - He has all power, usually referred to as omnipotent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, fine. He has Ultimate power. Now, if HE so chose, could he, in theory, create two bibles with differing systems of belief? Could he possibly create 2 bibles, or 3 or 4, for reasons beyond your knowledge?
I am not inquiring as to its likelihood or whether anything in your particular Bible points to it. I am merely asking you to admit the possibility.