Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: WSOP Day 1A: \"Official\" Results, News & Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
From Cardplayer:

Date / Time: 2005-07-07 17:13:00
Title: Greg Raymer's mad rush
Log: Greg Raymer has built $3,500 up to $43,000 during his one hour and forty minutes at the ESPN final table. He sits in second place after Joe Rafferty who is on fire with $65,000.

Go Greg!

[/ QUOTE ]
All he needed was to get back on camera, I guess...
Old 07-07-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Date / Time: 2005-07-07 17:38:00
Title: Amateur hour at the Apollo
Log: We are guessing some players need the internet to rule their hands. A player just asked the dealer if when the board puts out 4 of a kind (for example 10-10-10-10-3), if a person's hole Ace plays. The dealer regretably informed the player he can't answer any such question. Was there even poker before the internet? Some players here today may actually wonder such questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least we know Moneymaker is playing today.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At least we know Moneymaker is playing today.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 07-07-2005, 08:51 PM

Why did you check call the turn on such an incredibly draw heavy board? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2005, 08:52 PM

Thanks for the snide response, but I believed (for good reason) that he was going to bet the second-best hand on the river as well.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:59 PM

In six pots in the prior twenty minutes, this guy never stopped betting once he started. I was 100% sure that he was going to bet the river regardless of what card came. I did not think he had diamonds, and so I was intending to check-jam on any river but an A and an 8.

I don't know if I could have gotten away from it if he'd bet my stack on the river. Hindsight is 20:20, but I'd say it was 50:50.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:06 PM

I'm busted. Tomer Benevisti was on my table and took a big chunk out of me when he turned bottom two pair against my TPTK. I was flubbering between 5K and 6K during level 2, and in level 3, I picked up QQ vs AA and got broke.

The table beside me had Carlos Mortenson, the Everybody loves Raymond guy, and John Duthie.

Quality of play was nothing special...at least two shake your head terrible calls (some guy called Tomer all in on the flop of ThTc4h for 12,500. Tomer held AA, the other guy 77, and another guy called an all in on the flop of 852 for 4000, holding AK).

There are a lot of people in that room. Seriously a lot.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't know the final table was today!!! I thought it was a week from now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume that was supposed to be the ESPN featured table. You can tell because Norm Chad is sitting under it, cracking wise.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:12 PM

Default booo

great, now instead of a bunch of cluttered posts with headlines that might tell you what the post is about we have one giant thread with 0 organization and a complete inability to tell what you will be reading about. great switch, booo. double boo for locking my posts and leaving many other IDENTICAL posts unlocked. laaaaaaame.

rj
Old 07-07-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: booo

[ QUOTE ]
great, now instead of a bunch of cluttered posts with headlines that might tell you what the post is about we have one giant thread with 0 organization and a complete inability to tell what you will be reading about. great switch, booo. double boo for locking my posts and leaving many other IDENTICAL posts unlocked. laaaaaaame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I would be nice to be able to look at the first page of this board and see threads like "Raymer currently at T30000" or "Jesus Ferguson gone." There are 5500 people in this tourney. It's going to suck to have to dig through this thread and find the posts that talk about the people I'm interested in. It's much easier to find a thread that talks about someone I'm interested in if it is a separate thread and that person's name is in the title.