FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Still wrong-o

[ QUOTE ]
Attagirl!

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?
Old 07-16-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Multiculturalism. Is it suicide?

[ QUOTE ]
If you believe that we are influenced by moslems coming here (as we clearly are) how do you figure that they are not influenced by the society they arrive to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its got something to do with the content of the book they carry with them. Something about how sacred they consider it, and the fact they face Mecca and pray five times a day ... something about that makes me feel they believe it.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:11 PM

Like I said, versus dont impress me.

I can find versus that show Islam as a model religion.

The important question is why are we under attack from these terrorists. Why did they bomb london, 9/11 etc. Is it because of these quotes or is it for another reason. If you say it these versus are the cause you are not understanding.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:14 PM

I'm saying that Islam is a component (often among several) in many terrorist attacks. You're saying it is a non-factor. I think I have made my brief case better than your pure and absolute assertion.

I do agree that radical Islam is a tool of the extremists. HOWEVER, the extremists have much better support and basis in the scripture of the Koran itself than do the moderates. Hence this is all a somewhat insoluble problem.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: A different twist

[ QUOTE ]
I think blending is healthier, if Bush and Osama would grow up in the same street I think both 9/11 and Iraq war would be much less unlikely. Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Much less unlikely?

Well, they did both grow up as children of privilege.
Reading about the suicide bombers in London, I don't think growing up on the same street has anything to do with it.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:16 PM

There is a third house under that Fiqh that you choose to ignore as you put forth crap.

That is the house where you live in harmony with nations of other faith. According to this if the other faith is monotheist (like Christians and Jews) then a conforming Islamic nation can live in harmony with these nations.

If however, the neighbour attacks (and only if they attack), like for example building walls on your land, then it is your duty to defend.

THis post is an excellent example of half truths presented earnestly by those who have an understanding by reading too much propaganda.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:19 PM

I have long suspected that MMMMMM is a woman as he likes to get the last word in.

My apologies to any women who may find this stereotype offensive.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a third house under that Fiqh that you choose to ignore as you put forth crap.

That is the house where you live in harmony with nations of other faith. According to this if the other faith is monotheist (like Christians and Jews) then a conforming Islamic nation can live in harmony with these nations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if they submit to Islamic law and live as second class citizens, OR if the time is not yet strategically ripe to force them to do so (if they are more powerful militarily, for instance).

[ QUOTE ]
If however, the neighbour attacks (and only if they attack), like for example building walls on your land, then it is your duty to defend.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have been reading too much Western interpretation of Islam and not enough of the writings of imams and *Muslim* scholars--or the scriptures themselves.

[ QUOTE ]
THis post is an excellent example of half truths presented earnestly by those who have an understanding by reading too much propaganda.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, no.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm saying that Islam is a component (often among several) in many terrorist attacks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and so are backpacks.

For analysis of causes of terrorism, consider Islam like the backpack.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have long suspected that MMMMMM is a woman as he likes to get the last word in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have suspected the same of you for different reasons.

Separate note: you like to not answer points you cannot answer, as where you were asked to support your claim that those passages must have been taken out of context.

Point won by Sheetwind.