Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: LSD or heroin?

[ QUOTE ]
The addictive nature of heroin is overblown. I have dabbled in it 2-4 times per year for over 20 years and have yet to become addicted.

[/ QUOTE ]

For every idiot like you there are 50 people crashing in an AIDS ward.

One hit CAN get your body chemically addicted. I know this from a personal family experience.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based only on long term consequences...

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For instance, if your're using heroin your whole life, you're going to 'need' it more often than is reasonable.
In short, your opinion needs more explanation.

[/ QUOTE ]
My point was only that heroin is the most physically innocuous drug you will ever find. To use it once has no consequences (assuming safe dosage with both). Like others, I've heard from many users that quitting smoking was harder than kicking smack -- and while that's anecdotal evidence, I believe it. I've used both, and I don't understand the attraction to heroin. But then, I never understood the attraction to ludes either.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Heroin is more addictive physically and mentally, but hardly to the point that one dose hooks you for life. In fact cigarettes are far more addictive statistically.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. this is an extremely ignorant statement. statistically? please. how many ppl use heroin. now divide that by the number of ppl who smoke cigarettes...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 10-23-2005, 01:53 PM

There are more idiots out here like me than you care to acknowledge. I live in Baltimore, Maryland and if there is one thing that we know about in this town it is heroin. More people than you know are infrequent heroin dabblers who maintain good jobs and satisfying relationships.

Because it is a "taboo" topic many will not admit to heroin use but you better believe that they are out there.

The sensationalist drug horror stories that we are bombarded with are partially responsible for and perpetuate the drug problems that truly do exist.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Heroin is more addictive physically and mentally, but hardly to the point that one dose hooks you for life. In fact cigarettes are far more addictive statistically.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. this is an extremely ignorant statement. statistically? please. how many ppl use heroin. now divide that by the number of ppl who smoke cigarettes...

2. your statement is still wrong. one hit of heroin is way more addictive than one cigarette. two hits of heroin is way more addictive than 2 cigarettes. and so on and so forth...

[/ QUOTE ]

10% of heroin users become addicted; 32% of smokers
Nicotine is only quasi-addictive
Nicotine and heroin are comparable
Comparable
Comparable
Subjective description of heroin addiction

I guess my statement was pretty ignorant, in that addiction is a complex phenomenon with several metrics: withdrawal, tolerance, frequency, psychological dependence, etc. It seems reasonable to say that heroin produces extreme addiction in a small percentage of users, while nicotine produces a moderate addiction in a high percentage of users.

Re. #1, I was referring to the first article, in that a higher percentage of people who try nicotine become addicted compared to the percentage who try heroin. I now believe this is true but incomplete.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:06 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

in my experiences, i never ran into mushrooms that were anywhere near as euphoric as lsd. there was such a stark difference between the two in that department that mushrooms could not even be considered euphoric in comparison.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:42 PM

I found shrooms pretty euphoric, and LSD's effect depended entirely on my mental state at the time. Set and setting. Itself, it was emotionally neutral.