Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Why did you choose your Nick Name?

Years ago, I signed up to play an online computer game named StarCraft, I chose my initials (JWP) but it was too short to be allowed. So, I whacked the key under my finger ('2') twice to make it long enough, hence JWP22.

Years later when I started playing poker and joined these forums I thought nothing of using JWP22. Months into using the forums, I realized the 22 was way too closely related to 2+2, with which I have no affiliation aside from owning several of their books. (It did take me about 4 months to realize the 22 part of my nickname was similar in name to 2+2. Sometimes I am not the smartest guy in the world.) So, I cut the 22 from my forum monicker, but am stuck with it on PokerStars.

Can you change your name on PokerStars?

Joe
Old 04-02-2004, 09:10 PM

I'm cferejohn because my first name is Chris and my last name is Ferejohn. Note very exciting.

The end result is everyone calls me John. Sometimes I correct them. Usually I don't bother. Oddly enough, my dad's name is John. Yes "John Ferejohn".

Every 10 years he gets together for drinks with Chris Christiansen, Gonzolo Gonzalez, William Williamson, Ivan Ivanov, and Timmet son of Timmet.
Old 04-03-2004, 12:47 PM

originally, I came on as ruebarb - ruebarb was a pen name for my initials (RB) - that I used in college to write outrageous commentaries for radio (a la Andy Rooney) -

I started using it as my online name, but quickly realized without the cankerous voice, I could and would be confused as a female instead....I got over that crap quick and decided to change my name to one that'll put hair on your chest.

I was listening to the band "Whiskeytown" - (Pneumonia was the album) - and decided to pick that one....no one would ever confuse that for a woman's name... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

it was not cause I was a drunk...although a strong drinking binge did follow based upon getting my heart broke/ass kicked - but they're unrelated -

RB
Old 04-04-2004, 10:57 PM

Default Ok, I give

I have gotten too many "Gee, I really thought you were a doc" or "Gee, I really thought you were a physicist."

Yes, I am.

My BS is in Physics.
The Doc is in Theology.

Somehow both seem to help in poker.

Doc [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2004, 06:43 AM

Default Re: Ok, I give

[ QUOTE ]
My BS is in Physics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doc

A lot of your BS is at the poker table [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(Sorry, couldn't resist, and I'm sure someone else would jump at the bait if I didn't)

Sheriff
Old 04-05-2004, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Ok, I give

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure someone else would jump at the bait if I didn't

[/ QUOTE ]

The following post of course is the "Piled Higher and Deeper" line.

Doc