Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Why is Shana off the show?

What's more unlikely..

1. A Random stranger signs up just in time (it happened a month ago at the WPT mirage)to tell us about it.

2. A Random strange would answer this post just to lie.

3. Mike Sexton really didnt know the truth so just made up something.

4. Mike Sexton really didnt know the truth and didnt make up a story that Shana and him were having a torrid love affair, and when he told her it couldnt continue she left the show.

5.Maybe its true.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:45 AM

uh... I thought it was a known fact that Shana is married to Vince Van Patten's brother Dick (or some other name, but his brother).
Old 07-05-2005, 11:35 AM

Why is Shana off the show?

she's pregnant w/ my unborn twins. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2005, 12:13 PM

I think this is far more likely, then your BS crack pipe dream:

She's settling down to start a family, globetrotting is not conducive to that, and it could be just that simple, note that her husband is 19 years her senior which would work in favor of this scenario.

>TW<
Old 07-05-2005, 12:31 PM

Yeah, and her career has gone so well since she left Wild On.

I, for one, don't care at all. Shana was a pretty face, that's it. This new girl looks hotter anyway.

and I like her bio, pretty funny:

Courtney Friel is a versatile television journalist, with an extensive background both in front of and behind the camera. Courtney is the host of the World Poker Tour for the Travel Channel. When she's not busy following poker junkies to Paris, Aruba or Las Vegas, she reports for the CBS affiliate in Palm Springs and hosts a video game show seen in EB Games stores across the country.

Since moving to Los Angeles, Courtney has worked as a freelance correspondent for America's Most Wanted on FOX, E! News Live on E! Entertainment Television, and Trackers on the Oxygen Channel. You may have also seen Courtney on Nickelodeon, Channel One News or hosting the movie preview show in Loews Theaters. Some of her assignments have included skydiving and hangliding, to interviewing celebrities on the red carpet and covering dozens of Hollywood events.

Growing up in the Philadelphia suburbs, Courtney annoyed her family, friends and teachers by constantly interviewing them or jumping in front of the video camera. High school and college gave her newspaper, radio and local public access channel exposure, but books and internships could not give her the experience of local television.

Courtney got her big break at the ABC affiliate in Jackson...no...not the metropolis of Jackson, Mississippi, but Jackson, Tennessee. Competing with the illustrious wages equal to a fast food worker, she was hired as an anchor and reporter (code name for one-woman band). Her duties included hauling her body weight in cameras, tripods, batteries, cables through 100 degree heat plus humidity, to editing and writing her own stories to rolling the teleprompter pedal with her right foot while anchoring the news. And it gets better, her first day of live television began at 4 in the morning with a deadly tornado that leveled the town and also totaled Courtney's car. So how does all that sweat equity pay off in a glitzy and glamourous Hollywood life for Courtney? When she gets there, she'll let you know.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
uh... I thought it was a known fact that Shana was married to Vince Van Patten's brother Dick (or some other name, but his brother).

[/ QUOTE ]
Fixed.

She may or may not be divorced (or getting a divorce) from Jimmy Van Patten. But there's some evidence in this thread (and around the 'Net) that she is.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
uh... I thought it was a known fact that Shana was married to Vince Van Patten's brother Dick (or some other name, but his brother).

[/ QUOTE ]
Fixed.

She may or may not be divorced (or getting a divorce) from Jimmy Van Patten. But there's some evidence in this thread (and around the 'Net) that she is.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Evidence" and "this thread" are two terms I would pair very cautiously.