Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 12:18 AM

Default Re: New to smoking, a few q\'s

Rent half baked and roll up a blunt.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uh...wtf.. how about u just don't smoke? Smoking is gay. 'buzzes' are gay. and even if u think u can pull off casual smoking, why risk getting addicted?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-21-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uh...wtf.. how about u just don't smoke? Smoking is gay. 'buzzes' are gay. and even if u think u can pull off casual smoking, why risk getting addicted?

[/ QUOTE ]
this is stupid. if a guy knocks back a couple beers is he gonna be an alcoholic? if i light up an occasional joint am i automatically a pothead? i won't say you're "gay," but you're worse than nancy reagan.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is stupid. if a guy knocks back a couple beers is he gonna be an alcoholic? if i light up an occasional joint am i automatically a pothead? i won't say you're "gay," but you're worse than nancy reagan.

[/ QUOTE ]

k i read your post like 4 times to try and find any relavence to my post and i couldn't find any. in case u missed it, what i said was smoking is stupid because many times u can't control whether u do it 'casually' or become addicted. and if u get addicted, ur [censored]...so why do it?? OH YEA, AND IT'S GAY.

Old 09-21-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because personal experience with casual smoking tells me I won't get addicted and become a regular smoker. And while I can respect that many find no enjoyment in smoking a cigarette (and will gladly refrain from smoking in their company), I personally DO enjoy a cigarette when I'm drunk and at a bar, or when I'm having a nice steak or burger.

By your logic, I also wouldn't drink or play poker, two things which I thoroughly enjoy, simply because there was a slight risk. And I'd rather go through my life doing the things that bring me enjoyment than worry about whether someone else thinks they're "gay."
Old 09-21-2005, 01:27 AM

looking at it from after you've successfully become a casual smoker it's not that bad, but it's the act of becoming a casual smoker that's gay. I just can't imagine anybody w/ an average IQ smoking a cigaret for the first time.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:05 AM

I also smoke socially. I'm just very social. All by myself.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:58 AM

Arguments like "there's no point to starting" make no sense. There are plenty of reasons to smoke: it tastes good, it's great after a meal, some people get a buzz, some think it makes them look cool, whatever. So if OP thinks he can avoid getting addicted (and this is by no means impossible or even that difficult, IMO) then shut the [censored] up already.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:07 AM

there's many other things that taste good/make u look cool/get u 'buzzed' that don't have the unfortunate side effect of killing you.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there's many other things that taste good/make u look cool/get u 'buzzed' that don't have the unfortunate side effect of killing you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arguing that a couple years of social smoking is going to kill you is really dumb.