Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Was I suppose to value bet?

[ QUOTE ]
Even loose-passives bluff sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Where does everybody get this read from???
Old 02-14-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is why the term "fish" should be abolished. What the [censored] does it mean? Loose-passive? Chip-spewing? Folds to a river raise no matter what he has and how big the pot is? Doesn't look at his cards before playing? If fish = losing player then it is hard to comment on this hand because losing players come in all shapes and sizes.

"Fish" in the classical sense means loose-passive and most forum members will agree with this. Anyone who uses this term should a) stop using it and b) understand that I view a "fish" as a loose-passive player and should read my posts as such.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the explanation of my confusion. Then I like bet/fold. I thought a fish was a random playing sucker.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as an independent subquestion,

what hands do you think villain will raise with? what hands do you think he'll call with? both of those leading to...

how often will he raise if we bet? how often will we be good if raised?

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess me disagreeing is purely based of my alternative (false) definition of what a fish is.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:23 PM

FWIW, I bet/fold this river every time.

If you check every river that completes a flush with TPGK, you miss a LOT of value. Calling a raise is also wrong imo, it's almost always a flush. If they're bad passive players they will never raise you with a worse hand. If they're QUITE aggressive players checking to induce a bluff is a better play. In my experience at .5/1 players are bad-passive, not bad-aggressive.

I bet/fold. (Why is betting and folding worse than checking and calling? This way the river never gets checked through, exactly what happened here. And you DON'T want this river to get checked through.)

NOTE: I'm used to playing 1/2 and 2/4 by now, so my advice may be way off for .5/1 but these are my thoughts.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:26 PM

I'ts thin but I value bet this river. There are many other draws besides flushes that would hang around. The six making someone trips seems unlikely. If I'm raised I call due to the pot size (especially closing the action) unless it comes back 2 bets to me in which case I fold. I also fold if I have a read of a player as being very str8forward. I've been seeing a ton of river bluffing at the micros lately and would not give this up for 1 bet against an unknown.

On average on this hand I would expect to see a couple players with busted str8 draws fold and possibly get 1 or 2 callers with any piece of the board. Weak Q's call, 2 pair we beat, even J or 9's or lower randmom pocket pairs might call trying to catch us with AK.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'ts thin but I value bet this river. There are many other draws besides flushes that would hang around. The six making someone trips seems unlikely. If I'm raised I call due to the pot size (especially closing the action) unless it comes back 2 bets to me in which case I fold. I also fold if I have a read of a player as being very str8forward. I've been seeing a ton of river bluffing at the micros lately and would not give this up for 1 bet against an unknown.

On average on this hand I would expect to see a couple players with busted str8 draws fold and possibly get 1 or 2 callers with any piece of the board. Weak Q's call, 2 pair we beat, even J or 9's or lower randmom pocket pairs might call trying to catch us with AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to send this thread back into the tilt-a-whirl dude. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Brad
Old 02-14-2005, 02:39 PM

The double threat of 6 and [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] makes this a card many bluffers would take a poke at.

I hate tilt-a-whirls and any fast moving fairground type ride BTW. They give me the worst headache everytime. I also don't trust carnies ability to screw in bolts enough. I would hate to have "Droolie died in a tragic accident at the State Fair" written anywhere in my local newspaper.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The double threat of 6 and [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] makes this a card many bluffers would take a poke at.

I hate tilt-a-whirls and any fast moving fairground type ride BTW. They give me the worst headache everytime. I also don't trust carnies ability to screw in bolts enough. I would hate to have "Droolie died in a tragic accident at the State Fair" written anywhere in my local newspaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck dude. I loved Carnivale but I don't get HBO now. I missed the last episode of Season 1 and I'm going to miss all of Season 2. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck dude. I loved Carnivale but I don't get HBO now. I missed the last episode of Season 1 and I'm going to miss all of Season 2. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

we are now at the point of the thread where we need results. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I always hated the teacups but I love the gravitron thing where you can stick to the walls. I still ride it.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we are now at the point of the thread where we need results. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I always hated the teacups but I love the gravitron thing where you can stick to the walls. I still ride it.

[/ QUOTE ]

All we need now is someone to create a gimmick account - "PostTheFuckingResultsAlready" [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]