Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: GrunchCan Starts Over (Off Topic)

Now, I am aware that I am not in your league. However, I suggest you tweak your federal withholdings for next year. That way, you might just get a boost to your bankroll, instead of needing to deplete it.

Just a thought, and I hope you get back up there soon.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:16 PM

Default UPDATION 1

I'm playing .5/1 on Paradise, clearing the GRANNY bonus.

I've played only 1151 hands, and my winrate is a very dissapointing 1.65 BB/100. It was much higher until last night.

Here are my stats so far. I'll include both the actual stats and in parenthesis the stats I'd expect long-term.

VPIP: 19.98 (22-24)
VPIPSB: 28.28 (40~)
PFR: 12.6 (12-14)
WtSD : 27.22 (32-35)
W$SD: 50.0 (52-55)

I think I have been running a little cold. Once things start to heat up, I should start to really clobber this level.

The players here are generally pretty bad, but they aren't as bad as party's .5/1.

One of the problems with Paradise is they only allow 3 tables at once instead of 4. Another problem is that there are not nearly as many players as party, so often there is little choice in tables. Although the 1 kewl thing is when I win a really big pot my cards catch on fire or shoot electricity.

I have about 300 raked hands left to clear the bonus. Once that's done, I'm off to Empire to clear thier bonus. Should happen in the next couple days.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: UPDATION 1

Grunch, good to see you climbing your way back up. You are a good enough player to where it shouldn't take long to be right back where you were.

I still think you should increase your withholdings to avoid this situation next year, though.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think you should increase your withholdings to avoid this situation next year, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. We're already doing that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Although, the additional tax was not exactly due to salary, it was due to the tax implications of other things. Long, boring complicated story.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:10 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Although the 1 kewl thing is when I win a really big pot my cards catch on fire or shoot electricity.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Party screen flashes "Welcome To Pwntown" whenever I win a pot. That &gt; flashy cards.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Although the 1 kewl thing is when I win a really big pot my cards catch on fire or shoot electricity.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Party screen flashes "Welcome To Pwntown" whenever I win a pot. That &gt; flashy cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody's mod was "eat it little bitches" That's probably the best one I've seen so far (yours is a close 2nd)
Old 04-06-2005, 07:33 PM

Well things seem to be going okay for you. Glad to hear... err read it. I actually think the .5/1 Paradise games are better, but I enjoy a slightly tighter game too.

Yeah the effects at Paradise are much better -- i love the glowing cards and lightening. I will tell you a secret for when you are running poorly: change drinks. If my Chi Chi is not working for me, I thange to a Martini or a Cosmo... it really does work wonders. Hell, you can even order a hotdog! I kinda miss Paradise... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: GrunchCan Starts Over (Off Topic)

In addition to what others have said, the monthly cryptos are of course a great way to up your bankroll. $1/2 is a bit high for your roll, but variance is low because the games are so tight/passive and the GBP cryptos pay out every hour in case you run cold.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:03 PM

Default UPDATE 2: I\'m Back, Baby!

Back at empire, clearing the bonus with more than enough to clear the max.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ah Tc (full house, tens full of fives).
SB has 4d 8h (two pair, tens and fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 11 BB. </font>
Old 04-08-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: UPDATE 2: I\'m Back, Baby!

Is this hand illustrating something, or what did I miss?