Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Famous/Infamous Railbirds of Atlantic City.

Carlos plays 40-80 ??

That scumbag used to buy in to the pink game for the min. I often enjoyed taking his cash.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:42 PM

actually he now plays, or everytime i have been there, 80-160 and i do love taking his money. He may be different now but i always liked him, but it did wounder when he got his money.
Dave
Old 05-14-2005, 12:39 AM

I know nothing about him personally, but from my experience playing him at 40-80...he is a tough opponent. And he is in that game every day and buys in for lots of chips.

Jeff
Old 05-14-2005, 01:27 PM

I think so. he usually plays at the TROP?
Old 05-14-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know nothing about him personally, but from my experience playing him at 40-80...he is a tough opponent. And he is in that game every day and buys in for lots of chips.
Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
Correction....he CAN be a tough opponent, but frequently isn't. He knows how to play well, but sometimes opts to play like 80% of his hands preflop in the 40 and 80 games for no apparent reason. When he does this I either become very happy or very sad. Last time, very sad. But I am heading up to AC tonight for about a week, and hopefully this time very happy. If anyone wants to say hey, I am the white kid in my twenties with a blue baseball hat that says disaster kleenup. I'll be playing the 40 and 80 games at the Borg.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prodigy,

Awesome post.

I know all of the players on your list.

Carlos now plays in the $40 and $80 games at the Borgata.
He once borrowed $5.00 from me and never payed me back. Now I just bum a smoke from him.

I have seen Patches around the room since I started playing. I do not have a problem with him at all.

I know Timmy very well. He made a lot of money off of a slot machine scam, and is still bust. Go figure.

I hardly ever see Leo play, however I always see him seating the games.

Pat does crack me up.

You left out guys like Kenny Action, Flip and Boris. Although these guys play and I would not consider them railbird.

Very entertaining post. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i didnt want to mention the slot machine scandal, but I'm pretty suprised you know about it. So do you know who the ringleader was and who did and didn't cet caught? Hehe, very suprised. We may know each other, but I'd like to keep my identity on 2+2 annonymous.

Carlos Mendez is a scumbag, I hope he lives a painful and miserable life. I know him from back in the day at the trop. He thinks he's better than everyone, but apparently he is broke again and is being backed by some fish. I don't know who in the right mind would back him. He is a conartist for life, I'm not suprised he scammed you for $5. Can you describe Kenny Action and Flip?

When you say Boris, are you talking about Boris that is/used to be bankrolled by Nicky D? The guy that wears glasses, and is a hunchback, looking like frankenstein.
Have any experience backing Timmy? LOL.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is FISH the little black dude who walks around the Taj poker room in the blue Dallas Cowboy jacket ? I've never seen him sit down and play. Strange fellow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, he is a railbird that doesn't deserve mentioning because he is such a bum. I love it when railbirds like him sit in a 1-3 stud game and wears $4.99 Sunglasses. I love his broke crew.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Felicia,

You did make a lot of "friends" in your time here.
Zeus (Jesus) plays at the Borgata now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike, are you talking about Zeus...the lawyer from nyc, who comes to AC all the time w/ his big "jolly" friend Gerry? I love Zeus, he is quite a character. Very nice guy...
Old 05-14-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know the old guy at the tropicana with the mustache who's always wearing sunglasses and a yankees hat? I've seen him every single time i've played there, he's even sat in on a few 2-4 games when I was there last summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be talking about Bernie. I hate that guy. He is always miserable at the table and always tries to run you over. If he is on tilt, he will try to outplay the stronger players by trying to represent a bigger hand...aka Turn Raises, etc. This guy criticizes everyone and is a perfect example of the term "Nit", used by Daniel Negreanu and the article from CardPlayer.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahh memories... this thread reminds me of summer weekends in AC. Soon I will be there again, very soon. I am familar with everyone except for #3. Patches always seemed like an OK dude but I try not to get to know AC regulars too well.

Someone needs to make a thread about the best AC regulars. 2+2-ers excluded from consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best as in what? Best players, best table manners, best fish? best action? I'm very familiar with AC, and we can make an interesting and entertaining thread like this one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]