Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Bellagio

The Bellagio is getting hammered.

Yes, I been there, and I was not 100% happy with the Floor personell, but they were slammed and I could not imagine handling all the people. I exhibited some patients, the floor guy turned nice, I got on a 15/30 game and was happy.

When I return to LV, I will go back, but if it is out of hand crowded I will go to the Mirage (or some other nice uncrowded card room).

If every does that an equilibrium will be attained between the LV card rooms, and the Bellagio floor personell will not be a' holes anymore.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:33 AM

The same thing happened to me when I was there. I felt invisible standing infront of the podium especially when two people were manning it. they need to lose the tude.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:35 AM

No, they usually don't tip SQUAT. I guess they feel that you should be happy to suck their a** for free and beg them to let you come back for more later. Personally, I haven't ever played higher than 20-40, but I did still tip a buck or two a pot at that level, and would continue to do so at higher levels, even if I had to bring my own $1 chips.

al
Old 08-05-2005, 11:59 AM

My brother and me were there in February, super Bowl weekend and it was mobbed of course. The floor was as described as other but the dealers in general were good except for one asian woman who was an absolute bitch.

We had a very friendly table with everybody having a good time and we collectively were making some technical errors, like folding occasionally out of turn for instance. Everytime someone did something she chastised them in the nastiest possible way.

After the 3rd such scolding this one directed at me, I gave her a little tongue lashing and she gave me the "I'm just doing my job speech" and no amount of explaining that "yes you have to correct the players but you don't have to be rude" got through.

So I just said, "guess you don't like tips" and went on a streak winning pot after pot with no tip. The other guys at the table started doing the same through the rest of her down and she kept getting madder and madder. She finally left, I think clueless that it helps to be polite if you want a tip.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:02 PM

nh
Old 08-06-2005, 05:34 PM

I have played poker in Vegas as a vistor for over 12 years now.

Most of my play is in Los Angeles card rooms. Obviously I am accustomed to ill mannered players.

Bellagio is no worse than Commerce as far as player attitude, and it is probably because there are so many Los Angeles area players there.

The floor at the bigger Las Vegas card rooms has always been miserable as far as I can remember. The people that used to work at Binions were total a-holes. Rude, unprofessional. Same thing with the Mirage. The Mirage has now improved drastically and the current floor people are very courteous and professional acting.

The floor at the Bellagio have been jerks ever since it opened. The only exception is a lady named Sherry that used to be a chip runner at Commerce and then was working at Bellagio for a while. She was always very nice and helpful. But everyone else has been jerks.

Still I play at Bellagio. The reason is loose $8-16 HE games and the drinks are really really really good. Also the cocktails waitresses are fast and courteous(and cute). The dealers for the most part are ok, and I have played at tables with dealers from there several times. I really enjoy the room other than the rudeness of the floor and the board.

The Mirage is pretty good too. The drink service is a bit slow, but the dealers are very good and the other staff is competant and professional as well. The problem I have with Mirage is that they typically have few games at the levels I player($6-12 up to $10-20 HE). The $10-20 usually has a seat open, but if I am drinking, it's too tough a game for me. If I am sober I can beat it all day long, but this is Vegas so I am usually boozing it up, and don't want to think and concentrate that hard.