Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Re: fairly simple position question?

Im sorry. I inferred from the tone of your posts that this was not good postflop/preflop play. My posts have been tainted by that perspective.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im sorry. I inferred from the tone of your posts that this was not good postflop/preflop play. My posts have been tainted by that perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

no. it is very tough play. that is why i was posting and was wondering for a good counter attack.

these guys had good pf numbers but they went to sd too much and their average starting hand was worse than mine. i dont think 3betting a2o or 3betting a7s with a coldcaller is proper strategy. i dont think taking every ace and underpair to sd is correct. it is however very hard to play against.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:48 PM

In a four handed game I'd like to have it 3 hero 2 1.

This gives us the best position over the loose passive player (3) It'll also give us better odds when we are in bb since the loose passive will be in SB and will call alot.

Sure enough when we are stealing blinds it's going to be against the better players however we'll have position

Pls tell me why this isn't going to be the best position.?
Old 10-29-2005, 11:50 PM

Well it really sounds to me like they are playing very well both preflop and postflop. Going to show down "too much" is probably a result of them all being so aggressive.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The blinds will eat you alive if you have to pay 3 bets each time you want to play.

[/ QUOTE ]
No they won't.

The pots in this game aren't normal size. They're bloated heavily and the ones you win will more than make up for the blinds you donate and steal attempts you miss out on.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:30 AM

Well my standard adjustment to this is to tighten up, and if they are the least bit intelligent they won't give you action when you come alive.

I think tightening up is not the best adjustment, but what is? Aside from changing tables as I have suggested.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:50 AM

Tightening up is the way to go. This table is gold IMO and leaving would be a mistake.

If you tighten up, you still have to hit some hands before they realize what you're playing and stop giving you action. By then it will be too late as you'll already have a good chunk of their money. At that point you will still get action because they'll be stuck.

You need some luck, but isn't it like that in any game?
Old 10-30-2005, 01:56 AM

Well I just think they probably notice you aren't playing along and are going to become more wary when you do come into pots and raise and reraise and such, and I dont think you will get paid off enough. But that is just my style(I prefer weak tighties).