Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: I think I\'m just gonna have a regular job next summer

[ QUOTE ]
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you took half the time you spend browsing/posting here and played poker instead, you would have a much healthier bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

if clayton is averaging like $20/hr playing internet poker then she should be spending more time on twoplustwo and less time in his poker client. do things the right way. think about long term. if you stop posting here and keep playing youll be a $20/hr player forever. if you stop playing as much and start reading more youll soon be making much more than that.

stop worrying so much about building a bankroll. of course you need money to pay your bills, but worry about becoming a good player. once you become good enough you can take a 1200 bankroll, 8 table 2/4 and start making 10k a month if you put in full time hours.

bankroll is not as important as talent is.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: I think I\'m just gonna have a regular job next summer

At UGA you will probably only have to spend 15-20 hours a week on your school work. This leaves you plenty of time to play poker, work out, party. You don't have to cut anything out of your life. You are definitely overestimating how much time you will spend on school. I go to Georgia Tech and have a girlfriend of almost 2 years, workout almost every day, am in a fraternity, maintain a 3.2 GPA, and still manage to play poker about 15-20 hours per week. Don't write poker off if you are a winning player, the experience you get now will pay huge dividends over the next 4-5 years while you are in school.