Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Screen name change (fatskiis) And some long (LC) expatiation

stop arguing with everyone else about this hand. your flop cap is effing awful. i see uglier things almost never. your preflop cap isnt the worst thing in teh world but its totally unnecessary.

once the flop hits and you see SB betting into a huge field on a KTx board you have to think "hmmmm.monster."
so break down each call EV wise. considerign SB has been going at it the whole way there is no reason to think he won't 3bet the flop and the turn. EVERY STREET was -EV in this hand, except the river, which is probably because you have the nuts, and a blind monkey could correctly play the river.

sorry for being mean. i just think tough love is gonna make you better. and im glad to hear you're running well.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

stop arguing with everyone else about this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

I argue because this is the only way I learn [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. I have a problem just accepting what other people say.

[ QUOTE ]

sorry for being mean. i just think tough love is gonna make you better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely understand; thanks for the post.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:00 AM

I think Shania becomes way more important when you play the same players all the time like they do in 30/60 where DERB plays. At 10/20 I think it can be dangerous territory to move into unless the -EV plays you make are super close to EV neutral.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lastly, I have started playing quite loose preflop against bad opponents. Some examples would be limping (maybe raising depending on blinds) with hands like Ax, Q7 or even J7s on the button after a 70+ vpip limps, as long as I have a good read of him postflop and he sucks. Another would be 3 betting from the button the top 20%-25% hands after a 50%+ att. steal player raises from CO, especially if I have a good read postflop. I think I might break even or lose moeny on some of these plays but the advertisment of 3 betting with KTs seems to be worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, advertising yourself as overaggressive gets you extra value when you're best...but it also means you won't be winning very often without the best hand.

This may sound fine right now; but wait until you're running bad...
Old 11-14-2005, 01:03 PM

"You would NEVER c/r a turn after this?"

why would a tag check raise this turn? there are two loose players inbetween (one who has raised his hand once as well)- c/r is the last play on my mind- i want to bet out/three bet with my strong hands here, not checkraise.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(fatskiis is button)

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (28 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 32 BB

fatskiis has AJo

I wouldn't recommend moving up anytime soon if you are still making plays as boneheaded at the ones in this hand (this was two days ago.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch. Still even though Im drunk, that hand still does not look good. Thats pretty bad, actually.

PS. I really wanted to say: Oh snap, that bitch is ugly.
But that might be a little harsh, I just wanted to say it...nothing against u.