Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: When China Rules the World

I think by the time we go to war with them I'll be somewhere around a squadron commander. I can't wait to give an order that leads to the death of several thousand of their soldiers.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be [censored] happy.

WHAT ABOUT YOU?????

ps I hope the re introduce golden passports.

[/ QUOTE ]

We will all be dead and my great-great grandson will be the hero who pushes the button of the doomsday device that ends all sentient life on earth.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heavy state involvement in banks and financial institutions, bribery, corruption, intimidation of foreign investors, no political or human rights, no IP protection, fiddling with currency values, massive income and opportunity inequality between the coast and inland, no domestic consumption to drive growth...

[/ QUOTE ]

The Democrats would be no better though. Oh, sorry, you're talking about China....
Old 10-25-2005, 04:01 PM

...fortune cookie prophecies will come true.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Revolutions come from the middle class, usually, not the poor. The poor are usually just trying to scrape by and terrified that any change will only make things worse and wipe them out completely. Plus it's hard to organize and agitate when you're working 12 hour days and it's all you can do to cram some food in your face at night before you flop down exhausted. What the poor often really want most of all is a little more food or rest, not to gamble what little there is of their meager lives on what change might bring. The peasant is often a born conservative.

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been 3 major rebellions in recent Chinese history. In all three, the Countryside has provided the fuel for the fire.

The tiaping rebelion:

"Socio-economically the Taipings came almost exclusively from the lowest classes. Many of the southern Taiping troops were former miners, especially those coming from the Zhuang. Very few Taipings, even amongst the leadership caste, came from the imperial bureacracy. Almost none were landlords and in occupied territories landlords were often executed. In this sense the Taiping army was a prototype for the People's Liberation Army of the twentieth century."--wikipedia

The Boxer Rebellion:

"In northern Shandong province, a devastating drought was pushing people to the edge of starvation. Few people there were thinking about making peace. A secret society, known as the Fists of Righteous Harmony, attracted thousands of followers"--http://www.smplanet.com/imperialism/fists.html

Communist Rebellion:

"Communist Party activists retreated underground or to the countryside where they fomented a military revolt (Nanchang Uprising on August 1, 1927), combined the force with remnants of peasant rebels, and established control over several areas in southern China. Attempts by the Nationalist armies to suppress the rebellion were unsuccessful but extremely damaging to the Communist forces."--wikipedia
Old 10-25-2005, 04:24 PM

Revolutionary leaders are generally from the middle class or higher. Peasant uprisings are exceptions, not the rule, and even then are usually led by people more educated than themselves. And they are not always popular among the peasants.

The Khmer Rouge was about as peasant a revolution as you could get. But the leader wasn't a peasant. Same with the Vietnamese revolution. This is the common pattern. Every army needs troops, and they come from the underclass whether the underclass likes it or not. But the leadership generally does not.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Revolutions come from the middle class, usually, not the poor. The poor are usually just trying to scrape by and terrified that any change will only make things worse and wipe them out completely. Plus it's hard to organize and agitate when you're working 12 hour days and it's all you can do to cram some food in your face at night before you flop down exhausted. What the poor often really want most of all is a little more food or rest, not to gamble what little there is of their meager lives on what change might bring. The peasant is often a born conservative.

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been 3 major rebellions in recent Chinese history. In all three, the Countryside has provided the fuel for the fire.

The tiaping rebelion:

"Socio-economically the Taipings came almost exclusively from the lowest classes. Many of the southern Taiping troops were former miners, especially those coming from the Zhuang. Very few Taipings, even amongst the leadership caste, came from the imperial bureacracy. Almost none were landlords and in occupied territories landlords were often executed. In this sense the Taiping army was a prototype for the People's Liberation Army of the twentieth century."--wikipedia

The Boxer Rebellion:

"In northern Shandong province, a devastating drought was pushing people to the edge of starvation. Few people there were thinking about making peace. A secret society, known as the Fists of Righteous Harmony, attracted thousands of followers"--http://www.smplanet.com/imperialism/fists.html

Communist Rebellion:

"Communist Party activists retreated underground or to the countryside where they fomented a military revolt (Nanchang Uprising on August 1, 1927), combined the force with remnants of peasant rebels, and established control over several areas in southern China. Attempts by the Nationalist armies to suppress the rebellion were unsuccessful but extremely damaging to the Communist forces."--wikipedia

[/ QUOTE ]

Mao was a hunan farmer that man knew how to plow some paddocks, i'll post pictures of his house next month i'm visiting unless i get to drunk and spend my money.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Revolutionary leaders are generally from the middle class or higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if that were necessarily true, there is no reason to think that leader of a future chinese revolution stemming from the disparity of wealth between the urban population and the countryside could not come from the upper or middle class.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:39 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Revolutionary leaders are generally from the middle class or higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jean Valjean objects!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:29 PM

bobman0330, it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about and are just spouting off the Fox News line. Get off it man. China is going to take over. Get ready for it.