Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: $241k stripper tab

I fully expected to open this thread and hear about a standard Saturday night for Tha' JBB.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fully expected to open this thread and hear about a standard Saturday night for Tha' JBB.

[/ QUOTE ]

you really wanted to hear about bottles babysitting?
Old 10-22-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Any credit card purchase over $10K must be validated by the card user over the phone.

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you mean, "no"? I've made two purchases over $10K on credit cards, and both times I had to speak to the cc company to provide consent and verify my id. Are you saying this is not standard operating procedure?

[/ QUOTE ]

a merchant who frequently makes huge charges combined with a card that is always making big purchases is a reletivly easy approval for amex.

one way scores gets away with charges is by making a blank imprint receipt of the card, getting the customer to sign it, then filling in whatever amount they want later
Old 10-22-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CNN Article

Holy [censored]. Must of been a hellva night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read an article on this in the local paper today, they had the price breakdown as this (New York Post):

30 Bottles of Clos du Mesnil champagne at $3,200 each: $96,000

350 Martinis at $22 a piece: $7,700

750 shots at $17.50 a pop: $13,125

850 bottles of water at $9 each (lol): $7,650

65 private rooms at $1,000 each: $65,000

Keep in mind this all took place in one single night. According to the article it was just him and 3 friends. How is this possible? How do 3 people get 2,576 lapdances over a one night period? Thats 71 lapdances an hour each. One lapdance every 50 seconds for 12 hours straight. (Assuming 12 hours). Thats Who are they buying 350 martinis and 750 shots for? Even if they're buying drinks for themselves and all the strippers, assuming a twelve hour period, 30 bottles of Clos du Mesnil, 350 martinis and 750 shots is enough alcohol to kill 50 people from alcohol poisoning. What are 4 people purchasing 65 private rooms for? 850 bottles of water... Even for peoplee who haven't already consumed a swimming pool's worth of hard liquor, 850 bottles of water would be more than enough to quench the thirst of, and bloat 150 people. I can't imagine drinking 8 bottles of water in a one night period, but they bought enough for 100 people to do this...

So yeah, I call BS on Scores.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind this all took place in one single night. According to the article it was just him and 3 friends. How is this possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called being a big shot CEO and buying drinks for everyone in the place, as well as lap dances. If you are a big time CEO that's full of yourself, by the time you leave you have many more than three friends.

I have a friend, who also was a CEO, who dropped $40k at Scores in a single night. He didn't try to weasle out of his bill...
Old 10-23-2005, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/news/columns/vice/9612/

[/ QUOTE ]

Great. A diplomat from a country where most live in poverty spends $130K in a strip club. I was depressed before I read this but now I feel uplifted somehow.

~ Rick
Old 10-23-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You know who's going to make the MOST money out of this? The attorneys. And it's the strippers that'll keep the bad reputation.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then the lawyers spend that dough on strippers. And the cycle of life continues...

[/ QUOTE ]

But is this guy worthy of the title: Professional Strip Club Patron?

~D
Old 10-23-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So the fact that the guy got super wasted absolves him of all guilt? Good thing he didn't drive home that night and kill somebody, or rape a 8 year old, or else he'd still be out and roaming the streets!

[/ QUOTE ]

Being drunk invalidates the contractual agreement made during a credit card purchase. A person cannot give consent while drunk. The merchant should know this and realize they might get stiffed. I've gotten out of hotel stays that I do not remember with this little gem.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CNN Article

[/ QUOTE ]

I read an article on this in the local paper today, they had the price breakdown as this (New York Post):

Keep in mind this all took place in one single night. According to the article it was just him and 3 friends. How is this possible? How do 3 people get 2,576 lapdances over a one night period? Thats 71 lapdances an hour each. One lapdance every 50 seconds for 12 hours straight. (Assuming 12 hours). Thats Who are they buying 350 martinis and 750 shots for? Even if they're buying drinks for themselves and all the strippers, assuming a twelve hour period, 30 bottles of Clos du Mesnil, 350 martinis and 750 shots is enough alcohol to kill 50 people from alcohol poisoning. What are 4 people purchasing 65 private rooms for? 850 bottles of water... Even for peoplee who haven't already consumed a swimming pool's worth of hard liquor, 850 bottles of water would be more than enough to quench the thirst of, and bloat 150 people. I can't imagine drinking 8 bottles of water in a one night period, but they bought enough for 100 people to do this...

[/ QUOTE ]

for him and 3 other people it seems wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ridiculous....how can anyone think any judge wont throw most of it out? Even if he was buying stuff for EVERYONE there...it would still be far fetched.

Plus, the club i used to work at didnt even keep 4k+ bottles of one type of thier top champanges on STORAGE at the LOCATION...that part doesnt make sense to me (i dunno how big the place is but even if its bigger than any strip club i know of most wont keep all thier top/expensive champagne on location at all times unless they know they will need it for a large party)....and that amount of private dance time would make thier dicks hurt wether they are doing them or not

bottom line...if they consumed all that in one night they would be dead....it would be hard for 100+ people to consume all that in one night...thats well over 1200 drinks plus 850 bottles of water...thats just not possible

If they wanted to scam people out of money i cant imagine doing it so BLANTLY and obvious....why not add just a few more thousand to the tab....not 200k+ - of course thats gonna get fought over...what kinda morons would do that
Old 10-23-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CNN Article

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for him and 3 other people it seems wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ridiculous....how can anyone think any judge wont throw most of it out? Even if he was buying stuff for EVERYONE there...it would still be far fetched.

Plus, the club i used to work at didnt even keep 4k+ bottles of one type of thier top champanges on STORAGE at the LOCATION...that part doesnt make sense to me (i dunno how big the place is but even if its bigger than any strip club i know of most wont keep all thier top/expensive champagne on location at all times unless they know they will need it for a large party)....and that amount of private dance time would make thier dicks hurt wether they are doing them or not

bottom line...if they consumed all that in one night they would be dead....it would be hard for 100+ people to consume all that in one night...thats well over 1200 drinks plus 850 bottles of water...thats just not possible

If they wanted to scam people out of money i cant imagine doing it so BLANTLY and obvious....why not add just a few more thousand to the tab....not 200k+ - of course thats gonna get fought over...what kinda morons would do that

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this was my point, even if this hot shot CEO is buying drinks for literally everyone in the club and every dancer... its still too much. 850 bottles of water? Come on.