Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Screw SSHE, I want to fold

The only reason I could see besides the don't fold for one bet on river mantra is looking into what his impressions of me have been over the past 30 hands or so. Is he possibly willing to be taking a stand here with an AK.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:45 PM

I'd either call or raise. You could be up against A K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (flopped TPTK, added nut flush draw on turn, made trips on river), a straight, or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the nut flush. No way do I fold.

To add on to the cliche, "If you don't lose a lot of money with trips, you played it wrong.", how about "If you don't lose a lot of money with a full house, you played it wrong"?
Old 07-04-2005, 05:57 PM

Quit being a nit and call the river.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:00 PM

You just can NOT fold a boat on the river for one bet.
bc
Old 07-04-2005, 06:02 PM

guys, loose passive players with aggression factors of 0.5, even if it's only over 150 hands, do not raise and cap the turn with AxKh. that's really reaching, IMO
Old 07-04-2005, 06:29 PM

If you didn't want to call a river bet, then you shouldn't have raised the turn.

Reminds me of the furcoat dilemma. Do you want to be the guy with the shrimp cocktail or the sore dick?

Call the river.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 50/3/0.5

[/ QUOTE ]

One observation I've noticed from playing with bad college players who play too many hands and raise too few. They tend to limp their AA-QQ and rather raise with two high cards. Don't discount BB holding something like K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or even worse, something like Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], another hand beginners will tend to over-value in short-handed pots.

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call the turn 3-bet. Look at it from a passive player's standpoint. With 3 to the flush out there, there's a good chance he would not 3-bet a set here, and certainly not 2-pair. I think there's a good chance he's got the flush, although a raise isn't terrible because you're capping (i.e. if it was a 5-bet cap, I would say a call is much better).

[ QUOTE ]
River: (16.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I call, not for sanity's sake, but because I think you're ahead more than 6% of the time.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:44 PM

I'm a huge pussy on the river and I think you're getting shown KQs more than 6% of the time. Well more.

Throw in AKh a few times and the rare ridiculous KK or whatever, and this is an easy call where you are probably going to be very upset at the result.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:50 PM

I have seen bad players who are otherwise passive be really aggressive in some strange spots with the weirdest holdings you could imagine. Seriously, don't read THAT much into the .5 agg that you would consider folding here.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:52 AM

Wow, I wasn't expecting this thread to get resurrected.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
guys, loose passive players with aggression factors of 0.5, even if it's only over 150 hands, do not raise and cap the turn with AxKh. that's really reaching, IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I really want people to realize.

Also, I'm glad a few people saw the turn cap as a mistake. A HUGE mistake if you ask me. I could've shown down for that bet right there.

Anyway, I im'd to another 2p2er "I'm making the most -EV call of my life" and then got shown QQ.