Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2004, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Jek, the notorious spammer

E.A.D. Gregorio
Old 09-22-2004, 06:10 PM

Default Re: My solution to cleaning up the Zoo (and 2+2)

[ QUOTE ]
im quite capeable of juding a users worth on his posts, rather than by some number that has been asigned to him or her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too am quite capable of judging a user's worth... however, that fact doesn't stop numerous weak/useless/repetitive/boring/negative posts from cluttering these forums... any system that limits the number of posts someone such as blank can post until some demonstrated level of usefulness is something that I think would be worth considering.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only people with over 2000 posts can understand his explanation.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck, you don't even need 2000 to understand it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Regarding Slacker's idea, I seem to remember the pay idea being discussed a few months back. A lot of people didn't like the idea since this is supposed to be a "public" forum. But considering the fact that Mat has the power to ban people, and rightly so, I don't see a reason that people wouldn't pay a small fee to keep out the riff-raff.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jek,

you were always a notorious spammer who contributed to the loss of a lot of the nice features this board used to have. Why should we welcome you back, let alone listen to your ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's right, Jek is a notorious spammer. Just look through his posts, and you'll see almost none of it has to do with poker. If Jek or any other crybaby doesn't like it, then they should just leave.

I think you're missing what this system actually does.

[ QUOTE ]
I know many players that have played for many many tears for a living that either dont have a cpu or care to have, or give 2 cents about this forum yet if they should happen to come here you would "rate" the value of those opinions as idiotic because they are new.

[/ QUOTE ]

New posters would not have their opinions rates as idiotic. Their opinions would be rated based on what they post. However, their opinion of other posters wouldn't be weighted for much. Which is as it should be. Obviously a new poster won't be very familiar with another poster's writings.

Default Re: Charge Money I Say...

Also, I am not sure if it would be profitable compared to their advertising dollars they receive

i'm sure you noticed that there are only 6 visible banners on this site. this is not to say that they only sell 6 banners, because it is a rotation system.

however, in all seriousness regarding your proposal;
there are many of us that wish this place was our little secret. however, these guys (conjelco) are clearly motivated by the money as well as the quality experience. you could make this a premium site, but that would immediately decrease hits. whether they want to admit it or not, conjelco loves the growth. this is evidenced by mason's 'progress reports'.

i'm certain the advertising revenue they have coming in now would be unaffected by this being a pay site. i.e. with only 6 visible banners, the banners could still fly. but, don't think for a second that these guys don't get woodies when they look at the growth charts.

perhaps a second site as a premium area would be successful, but this would dilute their numbers. also, the spammers and noise people are just as likely to pay the $5 as anyone, then they would have even more complaints.

finally, i don't think these guys have time to wipe their asses properly, much less start a new venture or make significant changes here.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Admit it, under your plan, you'd have replied then rated me down, attempting to silence me so you can have your last haughty word.

[/ QUOTE ]

How I would have reacted to your post is nearly immaterial. However, if many established posters end up thinking that you post trash, your rating will reflect that. If I'm the only one who's skin you get under, and everyone else thinks you're great, your rating will reflect that as well. Everyone here controls their own destiny.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:26 PM

Default Jek, the notorious spammer

btw, did you ever sell any banners with this spam post?
Old 09-22-2004, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Charge Money I Say...

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have a great plan. My plan was to charge $5 a month as a membership, the trolls would definately scatter and to me it's well worth the money because of the knowledge gained. Just my two cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think this is a great idea.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jek,

you were always a notorious spammer who contributed to the loss of a lot of the nice features this board used to have. Why should we welcome you back, let alone listen to your ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, jackass. Stop spamming us with those banner ads.