Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: I WILL TEACH YOU TO BEAT ME

[ QUOTE ]
There is a big differance to general strategy to
Hey! This is what's going on right now.I have spotted this and I wish to share this with you all.
What possible reason other than ego satisfaction can this produce.
Just means more people will change to employ the new strategy which comes up so often far quicky that would be normal if it is published.
I mean there is point where one would have to ask oneself. Do I give this information or not.
Where that point is on this forum is what boggles my mind.
All I wanted to do was to bring awareness of this.
And for this I have been insulted,accused,and goodness knows what people think my intention of this was.
I am not attacking the whole existance of this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your tone is one that is critical of the forum...people post on the forum...people feel like you're being critical of them...people respond defensively. And now you're trying to lay a guilt trip on us for you being insulted, accused, etc?

Sorry we don't all think you're a gift to poker.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a big differance to general strategy to
Hey! This is what's going on right now.I have spotted this and I wish to share this with you all.
What possible reason other than ego satisfaction can this produce.
Just means more people will change to employ the new strategy which comes up so often far quicky that would be normal if it is published.
I mean there is point where one would have to ask oneself. Do I give this information or not.
Where that point is on this forum is what boggles my mind.
All I wanted to do was to bring awareness of this.
And for this I have been insulted,accused,and goodness knows what people think my intention of this was.
I am not attacking the whole existance of this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your arguments still assume that everyone will be able to use the knowledge that's available for their benefit.

There will always be a subset of the population that, no matter how much discussion, study, or review they have, this information will be incorrectly applied, and is probably very dangerous to them. I'm probably one of 'em.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:40 PM

Good god man, take a spelling class.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:44 PM

I understand what you are telling me.Contributions are made in differant manners though.
My original post now I realize has caused anger to a few especially one.I made a mistake in the tone I used which now I regret.I wanted to bring attention and I did not realize the negative response I got due to that tone.
I apologize now for it.Of course I will contribute to this forum.Just not the way that most people here do it.I do not have questions on strategy and never will have for I work things out for myself considering the all the elements at present.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not have questions on strategy and never will have for I work things out for myself considering the all the elements at present.

[/ QUOTE ]

why participate on the forum, then? if you don't need the help, and you aren't going to help, what's the point? i know this sounds harsh, but I'm honestly just curious. it could be something as simple as new friends...just curious.

>>>ZIPPPY
Old 12-06-2005, 04:57 PM

Yes, we all realize your contributions will be in the form of trolling.

Anyway, off to the ignore list you go. You are joining an impressive list and you should feel special. I don't put ordinary mrons there, I reserve that for extra tedious ones.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There will always be a subset of the population that, no matter how much discussion, study, or review they have, this information will be incorrectly applied, and is probably very dangerous to them. I'm probably one of 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, and I thought you were talking about me.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:04 PM

To answer your question Zippy,
This is an ever changing climate.It is never the same.Always will be beatable though IMO.But I will not make things harder for myself in the long run(I have made that mistake in the past)I will contribute to what is going on around as I play on a few sites.Help existing players when confused as to what to do when things go bad.I will be able to advise when people are contaplating steps that they have not been through before.Anyway this is my idea of contibution.And of course I would have questions of my own when I don't know something and most probably someone does.
So if I can be a valid member of this forum where I get help and give help in that way, fine.
I will not however disclose information that would help my opponants reduce my +ev. Short term or long term.And it's the long term where people fail to realize where they go wrong by giving free information.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand what you are telling me.Contributions are made in differant manners though.
My original post now I realize has caused anger to a few especially one.I made a mistake in the tone I used which now I regret.I wanted to bring attention and I did not realize the negative response I got due to that tone.
I apologize now for it.Of course I will contribute to this forum.Just not the way that most people here do it.I do not have questions on strategy and never will have for I work things out for myself considering the all the elements at present.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you don't post anymore because you write at a 5th grade English level.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, and I thought you were talking about me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not not talking about you...
Closed Thread