Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 04:58 AM

Default Re: I made 600 today playing 2/4 6 max

<font color="red">I do things very differently than most, if not all of you. </font>

Oh really. All-inclusive statements are sure to be right about 99% of the time.

<font color="red">That is what makes me successful</font>
What? That you are different? Here I thought it had something to do with skill.

<font color="red"> I play to a certain dollar figure, <font color="blue">I am results oriented. </font> </font>

This is so stupid I cannot even come up with anything to heighten it.
<font color="red">
This is what has allowed me to do this for a living for almost 4 years now, and have the stability necessary to do so. </font>
How does being results oriented have anything to do with allowing you to do this for a living and having stability? Do you think that, since you are results oriented, you somehow get different cards? Hell, why not be this way with the lottery; I really, really, really, really want to win, I want the results, the bang, the bucks, the cold hard cash...but, lo and behold, no.
<font color="red">
When I first quit my job and began playing poker it wasn't easy. I started out just playing, and then one day I decided to set a daily monetary goal. </font>
Yea, and Russian Roulette, If you always double your bet, is the way to beat the house.

<font color="red">
It was $80 at the time, and I was playing 1/2. I was able to hit this target probably 99% of the time. I then moved it up to $120 a day. Again I was successul at this limit for quite a few months, and then 2 years ago I decided to set a rather high goal of $200/day. Once again I was successful at this playing still 1/2 and some 2/4. About 2 months ago I decided to try for $300 a day. <font color="blue"> Unlike in the past I have continued to play past my daily $300, and have made $300+ on most days that I play. </font></font>

Well, there goes your livelihood and stability, since this very "stop" limit was the reason that allowed such success.

<font color="red">
On a lot of those days I would play a 5/10 game, and a couple 2/4 tables. Recently I have just been playing 2/4, and occasionally 3/6. </font>
What happened to 5/10? Skills didn't transfer to that level? Na, probably more like the allowance of result orientation and stop-limit ratio and rationalization amounts to more than the allowable oriental, octal, certain figures.
Or something similar.
<font color="red">
Am I leaving a lot of profit on the table by not moving up right now?</font>

After all this, and you are asking us mere mortals if you are leaving a lot of profit on the table? Good God, what do you think? I mean, you are the absolute best small stakes player to ever play the game.
<font color="red">
I'm sure I will eventually move up and play the highest stake games online.</font>

At the rate you are going you should be there by Christmas, 3336.

<font color="red">The intention of my initial post was to actually see if anyone else was making as much as me at low limit poker. </font>

As you can see, so obviously, NO!
Old 08-28-2005, 12:12 PM

Just wait until he gives his screen name. Then, you'll see what's what.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:29 AM

Joe,

What others are (sort of) saying above but perhaps doing it with a touch of venom is that most likely those rates you are experiencing now are not sustainable.

Last week during one particular evening 4-tabling I won almost 1,000 BB as the deck just assaulted me.

It's variance. It's great when it happens. Enjoy it ... but don't assume you'll always win 150 BB multi-tabling for a few hours at 2/4 - while the players aren't as good as you'll find at higher limits, they're better than to allow anyone to average that high a winrate over the long haul.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 08-27-2005, 10:06 AM

Hey come on guys give him a break. After all he did make $5k clearing a bonus from full tilt playing 2-4

I believe him

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...517&amp;Forum=, All_Forums,&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit= 25&amp;Main=3190330&amp; Search=true&amp;where=&amp;Name=1310&amp;daterange =&amp;newerval= &amp;newertype=&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;b odyprev=#Post3190517

Looks like he went from winning $300/day to $500/hour
on a side note how the hell do you post a shorter link instead of getting this garbage?
Old 08-27-2005, 10:35 AM

Assuming this isn't a troll, I think it's hilarious that this guy gives advice to 15/30 players.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:19 PM

Please use the UBB URL code on the bottom so that the forum doesn't stretch out.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:51 AM

in all seriousness, assuming you're telling the truth, where are the good 2-4 6-max games? i play at stars, but wondering if there are even greener pastures out there...

vab
Old 08-27-2005, 10:55 AM

you rule
Old 08-27-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday I made 420 at the same, the day before that 358. I'm able to clear $300 per day at 2/4, 3/6 on most days. Anyone else winning this much at these limits?

I should note that today I played for about 6 hours. Yesterday and the day before for an average of about 5 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you like a cookie?
Old 08-27-2005, 02:13 PM

utmt40, You have the best avatar i have ever seen. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Have you been secretly video taping me while i play?
Jay