Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Negreanu strikes again!!!!

Dynasty said it all:

[ QUOTE ]
David,

This whole fiasco is making your look really small. If the general point of you posting on 2+2 is to promote the company and your own books, your doing a disservice to yourself. It's gotten to a point where you look like the guy who says he doesn't want to fight because it's against his religon.

It doesn't matter any more what you actually said or what you actually intended to say. While Nagreanu is out actually playing for $500,000, you look like you're trying to manipulate circumstances to avoid playing for 1/10th that.

Negreanu goaded you into this exchange. But, you shouldn't have allowed it. It should have been a simple matter for you to simply decline and move on. Mason did it. I don't kow why you couldn't.

All this negotiating about getting odds and playing for substantially less than anybody else who will play Negreanu can only hurt your reputation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Encoman:
[ QUOTE ]

On David I have to say that he just seems to be full of hot air. He should stick to talking about poker instead of playing poker because he doesnt seem to have the stones for it.

Bottom line - Either put up or shut up IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-20-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Pissing Match

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Let's face it, some people here find Sklansky's egomania a bit grating: "I could have won a noble prize. I could beat the stock market. I'm a math prodigy." Etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has always bugged me when people confuse talent with personality. If I like someone's acting, it doesn't mean I have to like them as a person. The fact that Bobby Hull was a wife beater did not detract from his slapshot.

Sklansky's poker related advice is the best grounding you are going to get. I don't give a [censored] what he looks like, what his politics are, or if he "plays well with others".

Same goes for DN. If he comes across as an ass, I could care less. His tournament results say he knows how to play tournament poker. I don't care if he got his driver's license while he was still in Grade 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point wasn't just that some posting here find David's ego grating, but that other stars in his field, like Daniel Negreanu, also would, and be annoyed enough to want to play him.

I wonder what would happen if Daniel agreed to play David in random, non-standard poker games, changed at the whim of a non-biased monitor, would David except? And if he did, I'm not so sure David would be as much of a favorite as he thinks he is.

As for David's other offer - training mid-hi I.Q. players (lol...who decides what test etc.) for 100 hours, Daniel doing the same, and having the students square off for a month of limit play, I kinda wish Daniel would take David up, ridiculous as the practicality of this is, because I have a sense that Daniel might prove to be a better (and I bet more entertaining) teacher than David, and David offered 2-1 odds, which are quite juicy.

Frank