Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: WPT: players that will never make final table again

I think most people overvalue tells, and that incorporating your tactic (i.e. total immobility) is going too far, and actually offering tells more than you know.

But, again, I don't think it matters nearly as much as Mike Caro would have you think. If you're playing well, other good players' tell reads will be nullified by the fact that they won't know if you're reverse-telling them, anyway.

Just make your play and don't speak or engage in any way. You don't need to act like Medusa just walked into the room.

Congrats on a nice score.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's one correct answer. His name is Paul Darden.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you didn't watch the commercials for next weeks episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's incredible how so many people who have no idea what they are talking about constantly talk about how terrible the players are that have made about 100 times as much playing poker than some of the posters here.

PS - I admit Nguyen seems to play quite poorly, I'm just tired of individual plays that are based so highly on previous events and such being regarded as terrible and then posters acting like they are far superior to these players. Play against Gus Hansen and watch him raise and bet over and over and tell me you wouldn't consider that AQ might be good there. I admit I don't like playing the hand that way at all and do agree that it was misplayed, but really some of you need to get over yourselves.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how bout that damn kid swaying back and forth making stupid faces, and noises...he made me sick to my stomach

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to kick that kid in his little tiny fratboy nuts as soon as I saw him doing his lame Gus Hansen impression.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:13 AM

If you made this post a couple months ago, I'm sure everyone would have put Tuan Le on the list.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you made this post a couple months ago, I'm sure everyone would have put Tuan Le on the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this post was made a few years ago, I bet Gus Hansen would have been at the top of everyone's list.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's obvious that Tuan Le is probably very good and dangerous, and I felt this after watching the Foxwoods show.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this post was made a few years ago, I bet Gus Hansen would have been at the top of everyone's list.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you made this post a decade ago, daniel negreanu woulda been on the top of everyone's list.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:28 PM

I agree that the way I handled my chips was weak. Since I have not actually played with real chips all that much It was my resolve not to fidget with them or play with them.

Part of the whole "Statue" thing was to try to create a character that people would be interested in... maybe thats an oxymoron (an interesting statue? hahahaha) Anyway, thanks for the feedback and not totally destroying me.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:13 PM

If you made this thread a century ago, Doyle Brunson would've been at the top of your list.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That guy who kept making faces made me want to puke as well. I think that he has about hmmmmm 0 chance of ever making it to a final table again. He was a complete tellbox. How other pros didn't destroy this kid is beyond me...maybe he was just really lucky all tournament. That kid wouldn't even stand a chance at my own home game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree this guy was a total fucktard, but I think he played well. No?