Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 12:20 AM

Default Re: my letter to party (long), and their initial response

[ QUOTE ]
i havent read the whole thread but...

boo hoo, they are not giving you as much free money anymore.

you guys complaing about 'bad' bonuses are really starting to look totally pathetic. if only you invested as much energy on actually getting better at poker...

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess, you are an affiliate rather than a player?

The thing to remember is there are hundreds of sites out there and many of them offer nice bonuses on a regular basis at no higher than 10X. Many offer other nice perks that Party doesn't.

So everyone has a choice where to play. If other sites are willing to offer you more to play there, then you can take advantage of the fight for players currently going on.

If/when Party loses significant numbers of players, then they will have to become more competitive with the real world again. For now, they feel they don't have to be competitive. They feel players are and will always be totally loyal to them.

Maybe that is true. But I know I play where I get the good comps. It only makes sense for me.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They will lose players to other sites that offer decent reloads.

[/ QUOTE ]
They will lose a few players. Most players (including almost all casual players, which are the ones they really want back) will either think the bonuses are fine or not care either way.

The system is clearly designed to make an effort to retain casual players with the reload bonuses and better points-based bonuses. Since casual players make up the vast majority of their customer base, it's a strategy that makes sense.

They didn't intend the bonuses to be amazingly great for everybody. If you play there anyway, any bonus is better than none. If you leave to go to another site as soon as a bonus doesn't meet your expectations, they may prefer to have you go to that other site and lower its profit margin.

I think we, in this little community where everyone's so attuned to affiliates and bonuses, tend to overrate the willingness of players to switch sites based on bonus alone. I don't see Absolute going nuts with traffic, and Stars keeps growing despite having the fewest bonuses in the industry.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The system is clearly designed to make an effort to retain casual players with the reload bonuses and better points-based bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better points-based bonuses? Better than what? All I see are people pissed off that they were offered one of these things.

That doesn't help them retain Jack Crap.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The system is clearly designed to make an effort to retain casual players with the reload bonuses and better points-based bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better points-based bonuses? Better than what? All I see are people pissed off that they were offered one of these things.

That doesn't help them retain Jack Crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, somebody on the "retaining casual players" side is going to have to explain why these are good bonuses for them. The only people I can see who benefit by the points for $ bonuses are SnG players, since they can actually earn them off (and fairly fast), unlike the standard bonuses.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, in our closed environment here the piss can't get out of the building, so to speak.

And even so, lots of people (in this very thread even) have said they have no problem whatsoever with their points-based bonus. The screamers tend to post repeatedly, though (not to single out anyone in particular... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

Edit: I guess you were probably confused about my use of "better." Some of the points-based bonuses are better than others - some WAY better. HTH.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:26 AM

Here is my response I received:

[ QUOTE ]

It is the "Marketing Team" that selects a particular group of players randomly
each time they have a new bonus or a new promotion. At this point of time there
are no bonus promotions running. Bonus promotions are solely designed by our
Marketing department and it is based on their prudence. I request you kindly
click on the link mentioned below for more information on the 'Standard Terms
and Conditions':

http://www.partypoker.com/offers/sta...onditions.html

However as an on going promotion, I offer you a 20% bonus up to a maximum of
$100 on your next deposit made through iGM-Pay account. Please quote the bonus
code as "IGMPAY" and we will do the rest.

We at PartyPoker.com come up with bonus promotions from time to time. You will
be updated via email or post login pop up messages. Hence, I request you to keep
checking the News and Events section on the website for all current bonus
promotions. However, make sure that you do not make any cashouts prior to making
a qualifying deposit, otherwise according to the terms and conditions of the
Bonus and promotions, you will become ineligible for the bonus promotion.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization
claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your
account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to
provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Beena
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

However, I have already used the IGMPAY bonus already! What do you think will happen if I try to deposit using that code and don't get the bonus? Should I try it anyway and then complain when they don't give me the bonus amount?
Old 10-08-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And even so, lots of people (in this very thread even) have said they have no problem whatsoever with their points-based bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh really? Lots?

Why are you arguing Parties new crappy bonus policy? It sucks lizard tails! You know it and I know it, and just about anyone with any smarts knows it. It's not competitive to what is presently being offered by any measure.

Party will lose customers. You say they don't care about customers that will leave because of crappy bonuses. But I think they care very much, especially when their numbers are down month to month.

Seriously, are you an affiliate of Party?
Old 10-08-2005, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You say they don't care about customers that will leave because of crappy bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, YOU say I say that. I say that the number of people who leave due to these bonuses will represent approximately the ink used on one decimal point of Party's next financial statement.

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, are you an affiliate of Party?

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this your response to anyone who disagrees with you?

"I think Coke tastes better than Pepsi."

"No, Coke tastes like monkey balls. Are you a Coke bottler?"
Old 10-08-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this your response to anyone who disagrees with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time yes. For I can't understand how a player like me could sit here and defend Partys new point based bonuses when they are a major turn for the worse. I'm a player, I don't care if Party makes 500 million this year or 800 million. They make more than they should. So when they find ways to take more from the players, I don't accept it.

For this is all it is, a way for them to take more from us players so they can show an extra 10 or 20 million in profits to their shareholders. You got to remember, this is a huge company making hundreds and hundreds of millions. They aren't struggling by any measures. They can afford to offer some of their rake profits back to the players who supply it for them. By no means have their monthly reloads stopped them from making multiple hundreds of millions.

So you sit here and argue that party is smart for maximizing their profit potential at the expense of those of us who expect some type of incentive to continue paying their rake that makes them hundreds of millions! You just aren't making sense to me, if indeed all you are is a player like me.

How much do they have to make, ten billion, before you think they are making enough? It's the players who keep them in profits buddy. We are the ones paying the rake. They are the ones pissing us off now for seemingly becoming way to greedy.

You say casual players don't care. They will.

So answer my question. Are you an affiliate?
Old 10-08-2005, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I say that the number of people who leave due to these bonuses will represent approximately the ink used on one decimal point of Party's next financial statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were the casual players who would leave you'd be correct. It's the regular players who generate the vast majority of the rake and keep the games going. A guy who logs in once every two weeks for an hour or two may dump a couple of hundred bucks to the table, but only accounts for a small amount of rake. The guy playing 4 tables for 30-40 hours a week is where Party makes their money.

Now will those players leave? I don't know. I suspect most of them are already playing through a skin anyway, but that still contributes to Party indirectly I suppose.