Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2004, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Internet Series of Poker

Hi Everyone:

Since there's a lot of interest as to what exactly this is, we're going to let this thread stick on top for a few days.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 12-19-2004, 06:27 AM

There is a "bit" of irony here - not saying it isn't a good idea... Just saying... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2004, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when they have a real team, we will steal them at that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

or cancel the world series on us... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2004, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a "bit" of irony here - not saying it isn't a good idea... Just saying...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I think it's hot.

Nice stick, Mason.

-2kF
Old 12-19-2004, 02:50 PM

Just saying...

just saying..... what?
complete your sentence.

i would be very interested in hearing your thoughts. seriously.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

Since there's a lot of interest as to what exactly this is, we're going to let this thread stick on top for a few days.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of interest? You sticky this thread after a day and a half of No Replies. It's been 2 days since anything On-Topic has been posted in this thread.

That sure shows a lot of interest to me. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2004, 03:18 PM

It's been 2 days since anything On-Topic has been posted in this thread.

first of all, i did not know he was making this sticky, so my response here is not defending that aspect. second, it is hard for people to ask for more info when jek and myself have basically shut off answering anything further for now.

third, welcome back to tyfromm the troll!

i'm going to trust that your personal attacks against myself and jek in the past will be taken into consideration by others reading your reply.

no need to attack ISOP tyfromm because of your personal issues with us. be a man and make your attacks in the relevant threads at the relevant time.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm going to trust that your personal attacks against myself and jek in the past will be taken into consideration by others reading your reply.

no need to attack ISOP tyfromm because of your personal issues with us. be a man and make your attacks in the relevant threads at the relevant time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you must be in another nasty mood today. Can't take a joke, eh?

As you have in the past, you misunderstand my humor as an attack. I needled jek in one thread because he swooped down after being absent for months and told us all how we must run our forum. As I have mentioned before, I am a fan of his site and browse it often.

I can't remember directing anything but jokes at you.

Well, you people didn't understand my Steven Punk persona, and you don't understand poor tyfromm. <sigh>

Well, time to head on down to the ISOP.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:13 PM

As you have in the past, you misunderstand my humor as an attack

i will admit to being suprised by your seeming change back to someone that is 'not so fun'. i'm happy to hear it was humor. the funny thing is that jek and i have actually spent some time talking about how much you have morphed into someone that is a blast to have a round.

here is the bottom line on my reply. i hope it helps explain my defensiveness.

as you guys can imagine, getting the "boys" who own this place to agree to anything like this was not easy as you can probably imagine. in other words, the ISOP had to be sold to 2+2, THEN sold again to the sites. selling it to 2+2 was 3 months of work, then developing the concept to the point where we have 11 sites just about ready to sign has also taken a tremendous amount of time and effort.

there is not much visible yet that would support what i am saying regarding the amount of time and energy it has taken to get it to this point. all of this will become clearer when we launch the program. however, the effort and time we have spent on this has indeed made me a bit sensitive to a comment like you had posted. this is a project that has consumed a lot of people and a lot of energy and i just wanted to make sure that all of the other people involved were not going to "pay" for any former feuds that jek or myself had gotten ourselves into.

you know me tyfromm, i love to battle and have fun. but, i guess i was hoping for the best of both worlds. meaning, i want ISOP to be given the chance to succeed without it falling under any scrutiny that is based on people's perception of me as a poster. i know that i have been the raunchy huckster here for years, and i want to continue that. but, ISOP is a very serious business venture to many of us that have all this effort invested.

glad you clarified that it was all in fun. i was only trying to make sure that all you guys can differentiate between Granny the poster and the individual i am behind this persona. most importantly to me at this point is the success of the ISOP and if ISOP were to be flamed because of the behaivor that "GrannyMae" has shown in the past, then i would keep "Granny" out of ISOP so that all the other people involved did not have to pay the price for my boorish behaivor over the years. there are *many* people involved in this, and a substantial amount of money has already been spent and it has not even launched.

THAT is what i am trying to protect and defend, not my personal feelings. sorry if i came across as overly defensive and i hope this explanation cleared up my reaction.

i think you are a riot tyfromm, i just feared you had turned nasty again. your contributions in the last 2 months have been among my favorite posts to read.

Old 12-19-2004, 04:47 PM

The funniest thing about this exchange was that you felt the need to defend Mason over (Horrors!!) the stickying of a 2 day old thread.

Maybe Mason has a really thin skin, and if anyone would know that - it would be you. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]