Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Re: *****Official Astros-White Sox World Series Thread*****

[ QUOTE ]

But it was BALL 4!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if his bat doesn't hit it. LOL what a joke how the Sox fans try to rationalize this. Obviously you give any MLB team extra chances and calls and outs and they are going to capitalize on it. At least admit you benefited from the calls.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your selective cut and paste didn't include where I said they got unlucky in that the ump thought it hit his arm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad umpiring has nothing to do with luck, no matter what you think.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brad Lidge, welcome to the pantheon of broken down closers. Meet Mitch Williams, BYK, that dude on the Angels, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hater..

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Now, I just don't know if we will ever see the real "Lights Out Lidge" again. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hater.

[ QUOTE ]
Where's Isringhausen at? Oh yea, he's at home fishing.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you'll find is that losing the World Series is no better than losing in the NLCS. It's still losing. I suppose there's a chance that you'll look back and be happy to have at least gotten to the Series, but that's just due to the low expectations your franchise has. Though I don't think you personally are just happy to be there, I suspect that when this series is over, many Astro fans will claim to have been.

[/ QUOTE ]

astro's fans shouldn't have uttered the blasphemy that he was the best closer in the game...
Old 10-24-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

But it was BALL 4!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if his bat doesn't hit it. LOL what a joke how the Sox fans try to rationalize this. Obviously you give any MLB team extra chances and calls and outs and they are going to capitalize on it. At least admit you benefited from the calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
Every team benefits from questionable calls. The Sox have been good at capitalizing on it. I find it funny how Astros fans seem bent on calling it the reason they lost. You didn't lose because Dye got first base -- you lost because Konerko and Pods pwned.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Every team benefits from questionable calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain how the Astros/Angels have benefited from questionable calls this postseason. (Side bet says you'll use the line "well the Sox(!!) capitalized on every call".)

And as I pointed out earlier, ANY MLB team can capitalize when you give them extra ADDED outs and favorable calls.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your selective cut and paste didn't include where I said they got unlucky in that the ump thought it hit his arm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad umpiring has nothing to do with luck, no matter what you think.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a stretch to call that "bad umpiring", since Fox had to freeze frame the shot and blow it up to get any determination that it didn't hit him. If you need all that help, how do you expect an umpire to make the call real-time? Questionable calls happen -- they're part of the game. Heres an idea -- get Konerko out, or even walk him and only give up the one run. Don't let him take you deep on the next freaking pitch, and there's no controversy. I seem to remember Bagwell stepping into a pitch in game one -- the second time he was hit that night. That call could have easily gone either way. But the Sox didn't let it hurt them. It's really quite simple.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Every team benefits from questionable calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain how the Astros/Angels have benefited from questionable calls this postseason. (Side bet says you'll use the line "well the Sox(!!) capitalized on every call".)

And as I pointed out earlier, ANY MLB team can capitalize when you give them extra ADDED outs and favorable calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
I seem to remember a questionable call going the Angels way in the division series -- Cano was called out for running out of the baseline, no? Game one, the second time Bagwell was HPB, he clearly made no effort at all to get out of the way, and on the replay even appears to stick his back knee into the pitch. He was awarded first base on that , and it could have easily been disallowed. Last night Iguchi gets picked off first base, and the replay shows he was pretty clearly safe. Those are just a few that I can think of, and I didn't watch much of the Astros/Cards series. But I'm sure, since the umpires are all human, that there were a few calls that could have gone either way.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a stretch to call that "real umpiring", since Fox had to lie to viewers and call it a hit by pitch. If you need all that help, how do you expect any baseball fans to respect your team ? Bad calls happen -- they're part of the game. Heres an idea -- get the call right. But the Sox have the umps on the payroll . It's really quite simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-24-2005, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a stretch to call that "real umpiring", since Fox had to lie to viewers and call it a hit by pitch. If you need all that help, how do you expect any baseball fans to respect your team ? Bad calls happen -- they're part of the game. Heres an idea -- get the call right. But the Sox have the umps on the payroll . It's really quite simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
The Sox have the umps on the payroll? That's bush. Grow up.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's what you get for giving up on the Stros:

K's Deal just said:

[ QUOTE ]
Now after sweeping them in Houston, we'll still need to win one of our last two games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe you gave up on them.

You are a pitiful fan. Your incredible lack of logic was overwhelming, and I chalked it up to blind faith in your team.

But, no, you have up on them. It's so incredibly disheartening to be on the same side as you.

You have no brain, heart, or faith.

You have nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to care about me a great deal.

You aren't very nice for a large man.