Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Cardinals vs. Astros NLCS Thread***

Agree walking Edmonds was a bigger mistake than the Pujols at bat.

On a side not Clark that is a really nice job on that Avatar.

I just love reliving one of the worse moments of my life over and over. Not probably as bad as Sox fans watching Buckner though.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I just love reliving one of the worse moments of my life over and over. Not probably as bad as Sox fans watching Buckner though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you Astros fans suck. You've still got TWO games to make this game a distant memory. With Buckner, we only had one [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you Astros fans suck. You've still got TWO games to make this game a distant memory. With Buckner, we only had one [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I was saying this isn't even close but for me, right now, until they win this series, that hanging slider is my Buckner.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel sick. Utterly, physically sick.

I was at the game tonight and I can't describe the feeling of joy and anticipation with two outs in the 9th, and as soon as the ball touched Pujol's bat it was like "Oh my god this can't be happening". It was the most disgusting moment i've ever witnessed in sports.

I most definitely have not lost faith in our team and I still believe we will win. However I am very worried right now. The wait until wednesday's game is going to feel like a month.

Lidge sounded positive and said all the right things in his post-game interview, but I am still very worried that this might affect him psychologically. Game winning homers in situations like this have been known to destroy closers. I believe Lidge has enough fortitude to not let this affect him, but then again, I still can't believe he got touched up like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

When this happens to your team 4 games in a row in the Championship Series, then you have room to complain.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When this happens to your team 4 games in a row in the Championship Series, then you have room to complain.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awesome. I want Yankee fans to suffer as much as possible.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on walking Edmonds, I was watching and thought that was a bad move right there. Reminded me of the '04 Sox-Angels ALDS game 3, when Timlin walked Erstad to bring up Guerrero as the tying run.

And who's this Buckner guy? Sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't remember why...
Old 10-18-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-18-2005, 02:30 PM

It's really too bad the last game @ Busch is going to be a loss.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People from other markets...Who else is rooting for the Cardinals besides Cards fans and Yankee fans?

As a Yankee hater, (as much of non-Yankee fans are) I am rooting for Houston to win the whole thing to watch Clemens and Pettite stick it to the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was rooting for Houston for the reasons stated above, but now I think I'd like St. Louis to storm back. It would be fascinating to see another group of fans (Astros fans) get a taste of the kind of pain only Red Sox fans really know. I saw the faces of the fans at Minute Maid and thought "yep, I know what that feels like."

I just read what I wrote and realized how sick it is. Posting it is obviously a cry for help.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i ever hear a red sox fan complain again i will SCKM. YOU GUYS WON A WORLD SERIES AFTER EVERY OTHER SPORTS FAN LISTENDED TO YOU GUYS BITCH AND MOAN FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS AND THEN YOU GUYS ACTED LIKE JACKASSES WHEN YOU FINALLY WON. i now hate the red sox much more than i ever hated the yankees. how about ask a giants fan? 2002 world series anyone? that was the last time i actually sat down and cried. last nights game was like a flashback to game 6 when we had a chance to win the world series and then blew it. last night when there were 2 outs in the top of the 9th with no one on i imed GoT and said "even the 2002 giants couldnt blow this one...". i consider myself completely jinxed...

rj