Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: *****Official Astros-White Sox World Series Thread*****

[ QUOTE ]
I will give the Sox credit in one area though. When the umps screw the opposing team the Sox sure know how to jump on it. Congrats on a tainted postseason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get off the ledge and take a deep breath man. You guys keep convienently forgetting that if they get Konerko out, we're not even having this discussion right now.

And to you specifically, keep up the conspiracy theories. You really think that if something was going on that MLB would have the White Sox getting the benefits??? LMAO, if that was the case it'd be Yanks/Cards right now.

I know you're upset, but get over it. Regroup and get excited about Game 3 with Roy, it'll be much more enjoyable that way.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was funny watching all those frostbitten fans so happy. They don't realize that they will likely only win one more game this entire series. So I hope they enjoy it while they can tonight.

The Astros played like crap, lost their HOF starting pitcher after two, executed poorly on offense and defense, and the game was still right there for the taking at the end.

The Sox are going to take an ass whupping tomorrow. Pettitte is gonna shut them down.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the White Sox win tomorrow night I hope you'll be around to accept responsibility for this nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...waiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You watched the game didn't you? Do you think that was fair? The Astros were in control until Jeff Nelson and Jermaine Lie screwed us.

I will give the Sox credit in one area though. When the umps screw the opposing team the Sox sure know how to jump on it. Congrats on a tainted postseason.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are being absolutely ridiculous and I think you know it.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So Astros fans, STFU, and get back to rooting on your team.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. Missed calls happen. It sucks, but what're you gonna do. The 'Stros missed several opportunities to take a lead or win the game yesterday, made several defensive miscues that cost runs today, and gave up 3 home runs. It's not the umpires fault they are down 0-2 in this series.

Bad calls will happen in baseball. Nobody's perfect. In the long run they'll go against you just as often as they'll go for you. All you can do is take care of the things you can control and play hard and give yourself the best chance at winning you possibly can.

Whining is for losers.

GO 'STROS!!!!!

GoT
Old 10-24-2005, 12:44 AM

About time you brought back the traditional GoT avatar.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:14 AM

How can there be all this talk about closer's mental problems, and not one mention of Mark Wohlers? We've killed many more closers than him in Atlanta (Rocker, Kolb, etc) but I think his collapse was the most spectacular.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was funny watching all those frostbitten fans so happy. They don't realize that they will likely only win one more game this entire series. So I hope they enjoy it while they can tonight.

The Astros played like crap, lost their HOF starting pitcher after two, executed poorly on offense and defense, and the game was still right there for the taking at the end.

The Sox are going to take an ass whupping tomorrow. Pettitte is gonna shut them down.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the White Sox win tomorrow night I hope you'll be around to accept responsibility for this nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...waiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You watched the game didn't you? Do you think that was fair? The Astros were in control until Jeff Nelson and Jermaine Lie screwed us.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow.

The Angels are you AL team, right?
Old 10-24-2005, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad calls will happen in baseball. Nobody's perfect

[/ QUOTE ]

It was ball 4 anyway. They got lucky in that it hit his bat and unlucky in that the ump thought it was his arm. But the pitch wasn't executed. It was ball 4. He throws a strike and there is no controversy.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think that was fair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough call? But it was BALL 4! Astros got lucky that it hit his bat. Unlucky that the ump thought it was his arm. But with 3 balls on the batter already your pitcher threw one not close to the zone. He woulda been lucky as can be to get another chance to walk him on the next pitch. The pitcher didn't execute.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It was ball 4 anyway. It was ball 4. He throws a strike and there is no controversy.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I might be wrong here, but since when is a pitch hitting a bat ever called a ball? A foul ball is a foul ball no matter how far it tavels. A bad call doesn't make it OK that Dye fouled the pitch off. It should have been called a foul ball and replays showed it. Hopefully someone can clear that rule up for me though, I always thought a pitch hitting a bat can't be a ball. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I always thought a pitch hitting a bat can't be a ball

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I say it could? Your selective cut and paste didn't include where I said they got unlucky in that the ump thought it hit his arm.