Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Interesting No Limit Question

He did in a separate thread like a week ago. Have you been in some cave contemplating your answer to this for the last week? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2004, 02:36 AM

Default Don\'t see how this is a tought one.

I didn't bother to go through the couple hundred posts preceding this, and go easy on me if I'm missing a huge point somewhere. But I feel confident enough in my experience to make a judgement.

Given your choices I would have to say D or E, probably E. If I could make my own choice, with the pot size at 900 and a 200 raise, I would re-raise to about 1200.

If I put the player in front of me on a straight, at worst I split the pot with him. If I put the player after me on a flush draw, given that he is a good player like you said he was, he would most probably fold with only one card left to come. If both of them were on draws, then I think they would both fold. If a re-raise came from the flush-draw (for a semi-bluff), I would put him all-in, as the board hasn't paired, and my straight is the best hand possible at the moment. I'll take my 75-25 to chances even if he calls. The only other hand I'm worried about given your scenario is a straight flush draw, but I'm gonna take my chances with the slim chance that one of the players has it times the small chance that he'll hit it on the river.

Kase
Old 10-14-2004, 05:30 AM

Call,

I want the flush draw's chips, and less risk, no idea what flush draw will do, but going AI by the solid player is not likely, I can slam them when the coast is clear with a blank on the river, before the river, it's too early to go apeshit, my chips at this stage are far too valuable.

>TW<
Old 10-14-2004, 10:54 AM

Default Isn\'t this simple David?

To me it is an obvious D. Am I missing something...Unless I am misreading the question, the goal is to get the flush draw to make a mistake. Basically, we gotta get him to call when the pot odds do not justify it...So by making it a raise of 700 his pot odds are not laying him to draw to the flush....

Indiana
Old 10-19-2004, 11:31 AM

I agree.. around a 2k bet is good here. You need to make the pots odds completely impossible to call a flush draw. Unfortunatly, many bad players view a flush draw as absolute gold, so this bet should be enough to get this type of player off the hunt. Also, at this time u have the nuts, so this is not a risky play
Old 10-29-2004, 03:26 PM

so what is the correct answer then?