Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: What are your favorite lines spoken at the table?

I'm in a 10/20...the biggest fish in the world(loose-passive, calls just out of curiosity) is with me. I have QQ, which I raise preflop and he calls.

Headsup, and here's the flop: Q77.
Not trying to hide my strength, since I think my eyes popped out, anyway, I quickly bet. He calls without any hesitation.

4th and 5th Streets have me giddily betting twice, to the point where the entire table knew what I had. I could've turned the QQ faceup at that point. Total fish, however, calls me all the way down, and then lets this nugget go:

"All right...let me see that Queen." Not Queens, plural...no...just one of mine would've been good. It turns out that he had picked up third pair on the turn and decided I was bluffing the whole way.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:21 PM

I was at Fort McDowell in Phoenix last night for the nightly NL rebuy tournament. I am at a full table with a couple of old vets and a bunch of WPT want to be kids, unlit cigs, sunglasses, backwards baseball caps and all.

The kids where having a hard time acting in turn getting too excited about fighting it out with eachother.

So we have two kids and one of the old vets in a hand. Kid #1 makes it 4xBB to go from UTG+1, old vet calls from MP, Kid #2 calls from CO and Kid #3 calls from the BB. Flop comes AKx and Kid #1 pushes all-in and stand up from the table and starts to walk off like it was a WPT final table or something. The old vet is thinking about it when all of the sudden Kid #2 pushes all-in and stands up knocking his chair over and walks off too. Kid #3 mucks his cards and "Good Luck!". The dealer has both of their hands turned and is about to deal the turn when I point out that #2 and #3 acted out of turn and the old vet still had to act...

"Its OK, I really wanted to see what they were going to do before I acted anyway", called and showed his KK against the AK and Ax and busted both out with a big argument with the tournament director by the two kids wanting his hand killed because he did not act when it was his turn. LOL
Old 01-13-2005, 05:49 AM

I've got K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button in a small stakes limit game. I raise preflop and get two callers.

The flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. EP bets, MP folds.

I raise.
EP 3-bets.
I cap.

Turn is a non-heart 8. EP bets. I call. River is 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

EP bets.
I raise.
EP 3-bets.
I 4-bet.
EP calls.

I turn over the second-nut flush. EP turns over Q6o, for the monster hand of... one pair. As I raked in the pot, he says, "oh, I didn't see the last heart." This remark kept me cheerful for about a week.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:30 PM

Home tourney last weekend. I go all in with 66. Guy to my left calls me for 1/3 of his stack with 52o. Says "I figured you had me beat, but with the way your luck has been going today, I had to call."
Old 01-16-2005, 03:05 AM

5/5 at the Lodge in Black Hawk, CO.

These games are wild to begin with - this one guy was rediculous, playing almost any 2, whipping out $100's for more chips frequently.

After a while he says "I haven't won a hand in a while. You've gotta win every three hands or so to come out ahead." [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Home tourney last weekend. I go all in with 66. Guy to my left calls me for 1/3 of his stack with 52o. Says "I figured you had me beat, but with the way your luck has been going today, I had to call."

[/ QUOTE ]

So, did he bust you?
Old 01-19-2005, 03:35 AM

"If luck wasn't involved, I'd win every hand !"
- Phil Hellmuth

...always cracks me up. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 07:41 AM

An apparent new player to the game,

"why did the dealer take money out of the pot?"
Old 01-19-2005, 11:11 AM

Excellent line I hear while sitting a 20/40 at the Borgata this past weekend.

Two young college kids come by and see the time charge of $70 ($7 per player, per dealer) sitting on the drop, and observe a nice multiway pot building in the middle of table.

Then one of them blurts out, "OH MY GOD, IS THAT MUCH RAKED FROM EVERY POT?"

I reply, "Yep, $70 every hand"

They both take me very seriously, accept it for what it is, and move on to check out a NL game.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent line I hear while sitting a 20/40 at the Borgata this past weekend.

Two young college kids come by and see the time charge of $70 ($7 per player, per dealer) sitting on the drop, and observe a nice multiway pot building in the middle of table.

Then one of them blurts out, "OH MY GOD, IS THAT MUCH RAKED FROM EVERY POT?"

I reply, "Yep, $70 every hand"

They both take me very seriously, accept it for what it is, and move on to check out a NL game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this move was -EV.
Closed Thread