Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Yanks @ Angels ALDS***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i hope MLB/Fox enjoys the shitty ratings. maybe they can bring in a losers bracket to salvage October.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya because LA and Chicago are small markets.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guarantee they don't make 75% of what last year did.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Game Five and Series Thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
hopefully the yankees will learn from their bad signings this year and with all the contract money coming off can retool for the 2006 season.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, it's weird...for every big signing that turns out to be a total bust, Cashman seems to make a couple of "little" moves, usually getting players off the scrap heap, that turn out to be brilliant...Like Chacon and Small this year, Strawberry and Gooden in the '90s, etc. I think you have to take the good with the bad.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Wow. Torre is actually pinch running for Giambi. I didn't know he was capable of using his bench players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that it ended up mattering, but why? pinch run for Giambi? His run is meaningless and you are eliminating one of your big bats if it goes into extras. I agree pinch running with Sheffield because his run means something, but not Giambi.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i hope MLB/Fox enjoys the shitty ratings. maybe they can bring in a losers bracket to salvage October.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's true. LA's really not that much of a sports town, and I think the majority of Chicago baseball fans root for the Cubs.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, congratulations to the Angels, they were the better team. Congratulations to Angels fans too. While I suspected the Yankees and Red Sox would not make it to the World Series, it's always disappointing, as a Yankee fan, to lose, especially when you come this close. But they didn't deserve a win.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know Andy, you being such a classy, good sport is taking all the fun out of this for me.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Okay, not really - go Angels!
Old 10-11-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope the fact that the ratings won't be as good as last year - which was an historic, once-in-a-lifetime series - gives you comfort while you sit and watch the rest of what is now a Yankee-free post season.

Cry baby.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:43 AM

I gotta admit, thats pretty funny.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's true. LA's really not that much of a sports town, and I think the majority of Chicago baseball fans root for the Cubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont agree with the LA not being a sports town. We are too much of a baseball town for our own good. The dodgers had some insane attendance this year like every year regardless of how much they stunk. The angels also had some insane attendance. We are a big sports town.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:47 AM

congrats to the As.

that was a dismal end to a dismal season, in my heart of hearts i never expected more than this.

the whole game turned around when crosby and sheffield collided, i cant believe it.

the yankees just did not play well in every way, we all know it and i dont need to get into it.

as for arod, jesus people you are high strung. 20 at bats and all of a sudden the guy is useless. he had a good 6-7 walks too, so the whole 3-22 or whatever thing is totally misleading.

as for the haters, well, hope this makes you happy. because hating on a sports team is lame. thats all there is to it.

all the nyy fans who got down and out, and who are critical of the players, come on, dont be that way. thats just not right, no fan gives up like that. i know its frustrating at all so i dont blame you either at the same time.

that cano call pissed me off, a lot. mostly because of how bad it was. it didnt mean very much, but it was awful. if cano had run down the proper basepath he would have broken ernstads neck. i dont think the call made too much of a difference, the yankees have no one to blame.

goodbye bernie, youve been a yankee since i was 5 years old. hes always been there. i dont even need to say anything about whats hes done. classy guy, and he has always performed and been a anchor of this team for over a decade.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
-The team that played better ball won. I don't think any objective observer can say that's not true. They got the key hits, they made the key plays, they made the key pitches. The Angels deserved to win; the Yankees did not.

-Funny thing: the Yankees had Crosby playing center field for defense. Yet, if Williams is out there, Sheffield probably catches Kennedy's ball as Bernie is unlikely to have made it to it in time.

-Cano probably was on the field of play running up the line. Maybe if it's Jeter the ump doesn't make that call. Then again, Bernie would probably have left the bases loaded. Not enough Yankees were swinging the bat well enough for them to win.

-You need some big blasts to win a short series. The Yankees had three home runs--two solo shots by Jeter and one by Posada. Never a big blast when they need one. Credit the Angels pitchers with a job well done.

-Obviously A-Rod's double play in the 9th was a crusher. You get the first two men on, you've got a chance. He just sucked during the series, there's no other way to put it.

-Ironically, the Yankees may win all three post-season awards: MVP, CY, and ROY. But when the rubber met the road, Johnson and Gordon, who both did well tonight, weren't able to pitch well (game 3).

Anyway, congratulations to the Angels, they were the better team. Congratulations to Angels fans too. While I suspected the Yankees and Red Sox would not make it to the World Series, it's always disappointing, as a Yankee fan, to lose, especially when you come this close. But they didn't deserve a win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great Post.

I have to say the yankees didnt just go down could have gone either way. I only saw from the 7th inning on, I was in school the rest of the time. DAMN!

Anyway great series by the yankees.