Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Yanks @ Angels ALDS***

Not okay with it.

Just stating a difference. At least we were there in '01/'03. Although maybe that makes our case worse.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hope MLB/Fox enjoys the shitty ratings. maybe they can bring in a losers bracket to salvage October.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I'll be interested in seeing ALCS ratings this year vs. the past two years, LOL.

Someone will be saving this page so I eat my words in two weeks. I know it.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:53 PM

Default yankees suck

go whitesox!
Old 10-10-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Game Five and Series Thoughts

-The team that played better ball won. I don't think any objective observer can say that's not true. They got the key hits, they made the key plays, they made the key pitches. The Angels deserved to win; the Yankees did not.

-Funny thing: the Yankees had Crosby playing center field for defense. Yet, if Williams is out there, Sheffield probably catches Kennedy's ball as Bernie is unlikely to have made it to it in time.

-Cano probably was on the field of play running up the line. Maybe if it's Jeter the ump doesn't make that call. Then again, Bernie would probably have left the bases loaded. Not enough Yankees were swinging the bat well enough for them to win.

-You need some big blasts to win a short series. The Yankees had three home runs--two solo shots by Jeter and one by Posada. Never a big blast when they need one. Credit the Angels pitchers with a job well done.

-Obviously A-Rod's double play in the 9th was a crusher. You get the first two men on, you've got a chance. He just sucked during the series, there's no other way to put it.

-Ironically, the Yankees may win all three post-season awards: MVP, CY, and ROY. But when the rubber met the road, Johnson and Gordon, who both did well tonight, weren't able to pitch well (game 3).

Anyway, congratulations to the Angels, they were the better team. Congratulations to Angels fans too. While I suspected the Yankees and Red Sox would not make it to the World Series, it's always disappointing, as a Yankee fan, to lose, especially when you come this close. But they didn't deserve a win.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:00 AM

Had it been what's-his-name from Wrigley Field in the stands . . . [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Game Five and Series Thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, congratulations to the Angels, they were the better team. Congratulations to Angels fans too. While I suspected the Yankees and Red Sox would not make it to the World Series, it's always disappointing, as a Yankee fan, to lose, especially when you come this close. But they didn't deserve a win.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said, and good luck.

sorry to the yanks fans i offended as well with my pessimism. i put so much time into this team during the year, it sucks to see them lose like this.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:03 AM

Nice post Andy, as always.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:04 AM

Yeah, a tough year. I think it was tough because there were times when you felt they were completely out of it (the 11-19 start), then times when they looked great, then the great stretch run to make it, and then the disappointment of losing, when they could easily had won with a cluth hit there, a good play there. Or the lack of same from the Angels. Except for Jeter, the guys who hit in the series didn't hit for power, and there were too many guys who didn't hit in the clutch, especially A-Rod, Matsui and Williams.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well said, and good luck.

sorry to the yanks fans i offended as well with my pessimism. i put so much time into this team during the year, it sucks to see them lose like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

we forgive you...

hopefully the yankees will learn from their bad signings this year and with all the contract money coming off can retool for the 2006 season.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i hope MLB/Fox enjoys the shitty ratings. maybe they can bring in a losers bracket to salvage October.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya because LA and Chicago are small markets.