Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Re: What are your favorite lines spoken at the table?

Recent home game, NL tournament. I limp in with QJ. Flop comes QJ7. I check, buddy bets T75. I check raise to T300. He calls.

Turn comes a 9, also putting two clubs on the board. I go all in. He calls. We both had about T1000, so we're basically both all in.

This a two liner actually. He says "I know you have the straight". Ok, then why'd you call? I table my cards, he sees my top two pair. He has A7s for bottom pair. However, he does have a flush draw, so I can't really argue with him calling, I don't agree that it was a good play, but its not a terrible play. Anyway, the funny thing is , before the dealer flips the river, he says " I have a lot of outs, I need any club (one would have boated me) or a 7.

I say, "or an Ace" at the same time the Ace of Spades falls on the River. And its side game action for me.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:54 PM

I heard these two this weekend. Both were uttered by different opponents, but both loose passive calling stations nonetheless. They both soon ran out of money (I wonder why??????).

Line 1: 72 is garbage, but if they're suited, you gotta play them! (What a novel idea! Play suited garbage! I'll have to play that from UTG!)

Line 2: Why would you raise with AK?!? AK isnt really a hand! (I almost fell out of my chair on this one!)

Ahh, some of the wonderful things you hear at the low limit tables!

Joe
Old 06-16-2004, 08:17 PM

I heard AK referred to as "Nut-Nothing" this weekend.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:27 PM

Default Re: I had a good one the other night.

Swordfish and I were playign a Prima 100 NL game and i was in a chatty mood.

I lost a small pot had a $88.00 stack and said after i lost the pot.

"That's okay is Daddy's trust fund money, I'm not worried"

Fish replys (with a $44.00 stack)" That's not much of a trust fund."

Bunky's reply, "It's twice as much as yours Strawberry shortstack!"

I made myself laugh on that one. I know swordfish spit out his drink on that line.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:32 PM

Default Re: I was a trip at the Borgata. Only I come up with these.

I get card dead in the middle of my session. A dealer i know sits down for my 6-12 game and deals me 4 hands in a row 24o. Literally 4 hands in a row.

I'm in the BB and say, "If you can deal me 1 card above a 7, I'll tip you two bucks right now." He pitches me 83o and I fold my BB face up to a LP raise. I splash him the 2 bucks, He literally breaks out in laughter.

A little while Later I'm STILL card dead. I say
"OKAY, it worked last time! If you can deal me any two cards above a TEN, I'll tip you 2 bucks." I'm UTG he pitches me K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I open raise to 12 and push him the 2 bucks even before UTG +1 acts.

Classic Bunky stuff there.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:49 PM

Here's one I heard once during my 4-8 limit days:

"7's are on FIRE!!"
Old 06-16-2004, 09:22 PM

Default Re: I was a trip at the Borgata. Only I come up with these.

[ QUOTE ]
A little while Later I'm STILL card dead. I say
"OKAY, it worked last time! If you can deal me any two cards above a TEN, I'll tip you 2 bucks." I'm UTG he pitches me K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I open raise to 12 and push him the 2 bucks even before UTG +1 acts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice, lol. I love how you push the tip before anybody acts after, very nice, lol. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2004, 09:49 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

It was a 1 outer, and thank you for reminding me how I wasted two hours of my life.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:37 PM

Sounds a lot like the games at the Isle...

I flop a flush holding K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . Lady bets, I call. Lady bets the turn, I raise, she reraises, I call. Lady bets the river, I call....She turns over two pair (caught on the turn). When I show my K-High flush, she says "well, it's good to know he'll raise without having the nuts!" !!!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2004, 10:39 PM

The Isle at Lake Charles a regular who trys very hard to play well but never catches on goes bust yet again.
He gets up slams his chair down and says.... "F*ck this place, I ain't never coming back". An old geezer who plays pretty well while stacking chips, says.... "See ya tomorrow". Play at the table stopped because everyone was laughing so hard.
Closed Thread